Syntax error rclone plex

This is my mount:

rclone mount --buffer-size 256M --dir-cache-time 1000h --poll-interval 15s --rc --read-only --timeout 1h -v

I have not done an initial scan in years, though. Not sure how that would go with my rather large library. Normal daily scans complete without any issues.

Thank you! I will try with the addition of a large library and I will give you new ones!

Hello, I have added a library of 141 tv series. I do not know if it is wanted, but I bordered the quota accept by google of 100,000 requests per day and the cmd window closed. It is not the first time in my opinion that cmd closes alone by cons. I didn't notice if it was adding a big library and just after a while.

I'm not sure what 100,000 is related to the API but the default quotas per day are 1 billion:

I don't use Windows nor the cache backend and have scanned in a fully Plex/Emby library over a 48 hour period with about 650 shows and 3k movies.

I average about 15-20k API hits per day on normal days:

You rarely ever hit a true API quota issue as the quotas are so big. You can occasionally hit a too fast 403 which are normal and rclone just backs off on those.

I do not know, but I noticed that everything blocked on the side of rclone exceeded 100,000 requests per day under windows in any case. I don't know if it was only the rclone command line that I was using that caused this problem though, but it is the observation that I had made of it or else it is google that blocks everything. I would have to test which rclone command are you using exactly? Mine was rclone mount GSuite: x: --allow-other and caused me this problem now I have tried rclone mount GSuite: x --buffer-size 256M --dir-cache-time 1000h --poll-interval 15s - -rc --read-only --timeout 1h -v I was not blocked because cmd closed around 111,000 requests sent so it is difficult for me to know if it is better. I need to solve this problem of automatic closing of cmd. But normally I get the Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded

Now i try this one rclone mount --allow-other --allow-non-empty --buffer-size 256M --dir-cache-time 1000h --poll-interval 15s --rc --read-only --timeout 1h -v GSuite: X --user-agent="ams" &

rclone mount --allow-other --allow-non-empty remote: ~/mnt/encryption --user-agent="ams" & Works well on mac I added VBB recommendations to it and replace ~/mnt/encryption by Gsuite: X on windows. To be continued! Otherwise I would need an order like this but add something to it to limit unnecessary requests

these are the results of the last 6 hours

Méthode Demandes Erreurs
drive.about.get 50 0
drive.changes.getStartPageToken 2 0
drive.changes.list 1 735 0
drive.files.get 8 100 %
drive.files.list 931 0

The only thing I can say when this happens is that I no longer have access to reading content whether on plex or emby and even by re-launching the command in cmd

these are the results of the last 1 day on the second picture

The command window should never close on its own. Are you running a batch file? Here's what mine looks like, and it's been rock stable for years:

@echo off
title Rclone Mount READ ONLY
D:\Programs\Rclone\rclone mount --buffer-size 256M --dir-cache-time 1000h --poll-interval 15s --rc --read-only --timeout 1h -v Google_Drive_Crypt: G:
pause

This will keep the mount running until you stop it yourself with CTRL+C and confirming with Y. You will also see all major error messages, which should occur rarely. The one I see most frequently is "ReadFileHandle.Read error: low level retry 1/10: unexpected EOF". That's nothing to worry about, though.

Is your version of WinFsp up to date? I'm a major geek, so I run the latest (alpha/beta) version of pretty much everything.

BTW, "allow-other"* and "allow-non-empty" are not needed in Windows.

I scan a library of 12,000 movies and 2,300 shows on a daily basis, with no issues other than a major slowdown for the movies. But that's because I've been too lazy to move them all into alphabetized folders :smiley: Total scan time is around 1.5 - 2 hours, with the movies taking roughly 90% of that time.

*I should say, it's not needed if you're logged in/running as admin.

you might want to tweak your antivirus program, not to scan the g: drive.

you should be running the latest stable version

and you should be running the mount as system user for a bunch of reasons.
the easist way is to use task scheduler.

I prefer batch files, because I start and stop the mount several times a day. It also allows me to quickly see if there are any errors, simply by looking at the batch window. For a set-it-and-forget-it type of rig, I agree with @asdffdsa.

re: the anti-virus, I did exclude my Gdrive mounts, but that didn't make any difference speed-wise.

1 Like

good points VBB,

i prefer running the mount as system user, but as you know there are many command line ways to get that done.
and it works around this problem for newbies
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3035277/mapped-drives-are-not-available-from-an-elevated-prompt-when-uac-is-co

one nice thing about task scheduler is that you can run as system user and not get any pop-ups about it via user account control.

and you can run a task scheduler task via the command line like so
schtasks /run /tn "rclone\rclone-mount-system-user"

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I imagine that I should not close the cmd window even launched with the .bat I tried and the disc is still visible, but not accessible if I close it. Otherwise would there be things to enter as an order to minimize the number of unnecessary requests to google? --vfs-read-chunk-size 100M and --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 0 ??

I have the last version of winfsp!

Thank you very much I added it to the task scheduler as a simple task I will see if it works well :slight_smile:

You'll have to leave the window open, but you can minimize it. That's what I do.

I've never used any special settings, but mostly defaults. Three years ago, when I and many others first started messing with Gdrive and Rclone, things were a bit different, and we tried many different things, including cache. In the end, what I posted above works best for me now, but like I said before, I haven't added a library in Plex from scratch since those early days. I do not recall running into any API limits at the time, though.

Ok thank you for your help guys it's very appreciated, I'm just starting with rclone!

Hello, there is definitely something wrong, I deleted my projects and re-created them, but I am constantly blocked for no reason. I do not know what to do. Do you have any ideas, because I'm starting to think about bringing everything home....

Thank you

Would you mind explaining your situation once more, perhaps in more detail (amount of files, etc.)? Are you still trying to do an initial scan? Do you know roughly at which number of files scanned you get banned? If so, don't add everything at once. Try 500 items at a time, then do a scan, repeat. What are your mount settings now? I forgot if we already went over this, but what are your Plex Scheduled Tasks settings? Make sure you don't accidentally have one or both the media analysis options selected.

As I've probably mentioned before, I run a full library scan daily on a very large library. In addition, my Plex is set to "Upgrade media analysis during maintenance", which runs every night from 12 AM til 8 AM. During these eight hours, Plex analyzes about 12,000 items*. My point is, there is a lot going on, and I never hit any limits.

*if anyone has any idea as to why this still hasn't analyzed my entire library after having run every night for eight hours since September of last year, please let me know. I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is still analyzing 12,000 items every night, when my entire library only has about 120,000 items total.

Currently the libraries are being created, I'm using emby which uses the files that are on my g-suite account. I don't know how many files I have on the other hand, but I have 150 tv show 900 films, 500 animation, 20 tv show animations. Quota limit seems to happen when someone listens to TV series

Oh, you've switched to Emby? I have no experience with that, and perhaps its built-in player accesses files on Gdrive in a different manner (open and close files many times). I do have some experience with KODI, which I used before I moved my library into the cloud. The one thing I remember is how incredibly fast a scan was compared to Plex, including the initial scan. The same scan that would take an hour with Plex would take maybe two minutes max with KODI. Anyway, I'm rambling. Hope you'll get it figured out.

yes i use emby, i started to have problems with google when i abused a little having a plex server and emby on my mac it worked well. The problems appeared when I wanted to make a backup on PC of the same 2 servers when creating the libraries. Currently I left aside the pc project and also plex on mac and I still have the same problem ...

it seems that there is a quota of 50,000 per day, that would explain the problem. * The number of daily read requests per project (50,000 default)

You are looking at Google Analytics. A different product. You need to check the Google Drive API.

It's a billion API hits per day.