Syntax error rclone plex

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Each scanned title which contains: blocks the scanning of a plex library. Example title. Barry Seal: American Traffic (2017) .mkv After removing: in the title, the scan continues

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone-v1.51.0-windows-386

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10, 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

G-Suite

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

C:\rclone>rclone mount gcache: X:

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OiEyqWtwlfZtI2EXHNc49xaQBISkeW-G

and on CMD

2020/03/07 16:08:14 ERROR : worker-0 <Barry Seal : American Traffic (2017).mkv>: failed caching chunk in storage 0: open C:\Users\osx30\AppData\Local\rclone\cache-backend\gcache/Films/Barry Seal : American Traffic (2017).mkv/0: The syntax for the file, directory, or volume name is incorrect.

Hello I did indeed try the 32 bit version of rclone and then the 64 bit version. I have the same result however

The version I am currently using to log is rclone-v1.51.0-windows-amd64
and the winfsp version is winfsp-1.4.19016
Here is the log plex scan blocks as soon as it scans a file with : As in this specific case Boyka : Un seul deviendra invincible (2016).mkv

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SJP0Eom4I53bDMatVFGE2hsI1eq-1NZS

Thank you!

How are you even naming your files and folders like that? Windows doesn't allow an actual colon in either one.

2 Likes

good point,
i got a bad head cold and missed that damn colon.

tho on windows it can be a valid character, used with alternate data streams

wouldn't there be a command to launch with rclone to go over it? On my macintosh it works well I did not know that it was only prohibited by windows. I did not name these files myself...

I have another question being a new user and not understanding everything, I would like to know how to use rclone with crypt? I know how to configure it but it doesn't work like on my mac and when I issue the same command rclone mount --allow-other --allow-non-empty remote: ~ / mnt / encryption --user-agent = "ams "like on my mac it doesn't work...

Thank you for the help :slight_smile:

are you using the same config file on both computers?

what command should I run to see if it works? because I use the same configuration as on my mac indeed

i have this error: Command mount needs 2 arguments maximum: you provided 7 non flag arguments: ["remote:" "~" "/" "mnt" "/" "encryption" "ams "]

If i use rclone ls a get this answer

C:\rclone>rclone ls
Usage:
rclone ls remote:path [flags]

Flags:
-h, --help help for ls

Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.
Command ls needs 1 arguments minimum: you provided 0 non flag arguments: []

what i am asking is that are you use the same exact config file, copied from the mac to the win?
or did you create a new config file on the win that you think is the same as the mac?

as per the output of the command
Command ls needs 1 arguments minimum: you provided 0

rclone ls remote:
change remote: to the name of your remote.

No I created a new configuration and changed the name of remote. When I enter the commande rclone ls GSuite: everything on my disc scrolls before my eyes

so this should work
rclone mount GSuite: x: --allow-other

No a get an error

C:\rclone>rclone mount GSuite: x:
Cannot create WinFsp-FUSE file system: mount point in use.
2020/03/07 19:07:46 ERROR : Google drive root '': Mount failed
2020/03/07 19:07:46 Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: mount stopped before calling Init: mount failed

I wiil reboot to see if i have a difference

no need to reboot
mount point in use

goto task manager, look to see if there are any rclone.exe running.
if so, kill them and then run the command again.

rclone mount GSuite: x: --allow-other
not
rclone mount GSuite: x:

yes after reboot the command work!

good!

but no need to reboot.
just kill rclone.exe in task manager.

Ok and how do I do this? Also I would like to know what changes in reality to be in gcrypt under windows. On mac updating new libraries was done much faster :slight_smile :slight_smile:

task manager, you do not know what that is?

given that you are using a very old version of winfsp, perhaps that is why it is slow.
also make sure you are running rclone 64 bit, not 32

are the win and mac using the same internet connection?
if the same, then are both using wifi or both using wired?

about task manager