[RESOLVED] All of a sudden googleapi Error 429

I made a few more tests

No difference if I use my private account (3 users) or my business account (6 users), both allow no or really slow uploads.

I switched back from rclone to plexdrive on one of my plex servers, right after I did that I was able to play everything again. Same API, same Account.

To me it looks like only rclone is really affected, plexdrive has some errors, but none that stopped it from working :-/

Hmm, I had suspected that it could be Rclone-specific. But again, it's weird that only Europe is affected.

yes plexdrive here and its working perfectly..
still tons of 429 on uploading...but it IS uploading just getting errors/not the usual speed (about half)

plex with a rclone mount also works... thing is takes forever to start a stream and U cant upload shit

1 Like

My Plex servers in US and AU seem to be streaming OK via rclone. May be slightly longer to start but nothing major.

Getting API errors on these servers but they still stream OK.

API issue seems mostly limited to uploading.

Same here, error 429 all of a sudden and I'm 99% sure I haven't tripped the daily upload limit. API limits are far from reached. Plex with rclone works but skipping in videos doesn't and the stream stops loading data into buffer at some point, probably waiting on the rate limit sleep duration. Also, europe and single account user (if that last point is relevant, hope not.)

EDIT: limiting rclone with rps 5 doesn't help.

Just throwing in my results. From East Coast Canada: working fine. From East coast USA: 429 Errors, From Netherlands: 429 errors. So probably looks like YMMV, and hopefuly just something on googles side.

Just my 2 cts:

3 machines, 2 physical, 1 VPS (not Hetzner)
Mounts can be established but take long to appear
Browsing directories is possible but slow
Directories appear to be empty when i manage to get down to file level.
It worked pretty well until 10 PM CET yesterday.

Yes, same situation with me. I have one account with two remotes on two separate machines. It was all fine until about 10pm yesterday. Managed to upload one file this morning but took forever.

Is there any update on this from any dev?

The same problem. Started from 10pm yesterday. googleapi: Error 429: Rate Limit Exceeded, rateLimitExceeded

Try with a modified user-agent which doesn't include the word rclone using the --user-agent flag. Seems to be working for me with that.

I have plexdrive 5, no problem with the playback of videos (starts in 2-3 sec, no error on screen)
Only rclone copy is not working for me as it should be

Looks like you are right, as this abviously seemed to solve the issue for me, too.

How do you use the --user-agent flag?

1 Like

yup works with the user agent flag thanks

This worked for me, thank you for the tip! I just setup a PlexDrive backup mount if this happens again in the future.

Just append the flag to your mount command. For example: rclone mount GDrive:/ /path/to/mount/ --user-agent="SomethingDifferent"

1 Like

can you post an example of the code which works for you?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I just gave it something like "MyMount Test".

Uneffingbelievable, so they are targeting rclone :-/

3 Likes