[RESOLVED] All of a sudden googleapi Error 429

#1

Tonight I turned on my HTPC and accessing videos on Drive was problematic.

I opened the log and I saw googleapi: Error 429: Rate Limit Exceeded

I went to console.developers.google.com to check my API usage (I created my own key) and I'm seeing, in the last hour:

drive.files.get: 73.13% of errors
drive.changes.list: 55% of errors
drive.about.get: 66.67% of errors

Is this a temporary problem with Google? The G Suite Status Dashboard doesn't indicate any problems with Drive. But, on the other hand, mounting with the same exact line I've always used does not show significant error percentages for the past 30 days, just the last hour...

This is the past hour:

This is the past week:

I mount with:

mount gDrive: G: --rc --allow-other --allow-root --tpslimit 10 --dir-cache-time 96h --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --buffer-size 64M --log-level INFO --config C:\Users\ashlar.config\rclone\rclone.conf --log-file C:\Users\ashlar\Documents\rclone\rclone.log --timeout 1h

2 Likes
Very Slow Plex performance
#2

rclone version shows what?
can you share a debug log of what you are seeing?

#3

Same for me. I assume this is on Google's end because, at least in my case, it's happening on two completely different accounts with two completely different gsuites.

EDIT: it's either that or they have significantly reduced API limits but that's unlikely because one of my accounts had like 2 hits/s and it still has elevated error rates.

EDIT 2: to add more color to this, it's happening on both oauth clients and service accounts.

#4

Same here.

Went for my daily 750 Gb and was greeted with this right from the start.

#5

Same here also.

Suddenly started getting 429 errors.

#6

https://pastebin.com/LMeAS01B

Although, seeing the other reports, I doubt the problem is on my own end.

#7

Dev console still displays the usual limits.

#8

Same here, same issue.

#9

same here as well : (

has anyone heard anything yet?

#10

Nope. But here are my two accounts crapping out at the same time when they're way below quota.

#11

Same issues here. Plex content takes upwards of 20 - 30 seconds to start playing (if it even starts). I'm hoping that this is just a temporary issue :confused:

Edit: my error graph over the past 6 hours.

#12

Nifty, I just logged in my console to check as well and I'm seeing this since 3PM EST as well.

The error I saw in the afternoon was from:

2019/05/14 13:58:16 INFO  : Google drive root 'media': Change notify listener failure: Get https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v3/changes?alt=json&fields=nextPageToken%2CnewStartPageToken%2Cchanges%28fileId%2Cfile%28name%2Cparents%2CmimeType%29%29&pageSize=1000&pageToken=4694515&prettyPrint=false: dial tcp: lookup www.googleapis.com: Temporary failure in name resolution

I'm checking with Google Support atm. Hmm. I got the GSuite support, which do nothing for the API issues. Trying to figure out who to even ask as the status pages show all services in green.

Also, I'm not seeing any playback issues or anything as I have a bunch of streams going so I guess that's positive.

2 Likes
#13

That's interesting. Are you sure that the streams weren't started before the issues occurred? I had a few users with open streams, but trying to open anything now results in the wait time I listed above.

1 Like
#14

I just checked and starting a stream works fine, mind you I’m using team drive for Plex and download and Plex server got different Team Drive accounts setup in rclone. Download server is giving me these errors since a couple of hours. Logs show errors with getting dir stats and both sonarr and radarr are wack as they unable to remove / upgrade some stuff which resides on the team drive.

#15

How peculiar. I'm using several GDrive accounts, but without a Team Drive. All of them are exhibiting these issues and have been for around 6 hours. Reviewing @Animosity022's quoted error, it looks like it could be some form of DNS resolution error which could explain the problems if we're all using different nameservers.

#16

My DNS error was just a 1 time thing and never saw it again in my logs. I normally don't run with DEBUG anymore these days.

It wouldn't be a DNS item as all my requests are getting to the Drive API as they are showing errors in the console. My guess would be something on Google end is misbehaving, but not sure how to check that as all the status pages I can hit are green and show no issues.

I tried to get support through GSuite and they don't do the APIs. Trying to get support for the APIs is proving to be tougher than I'd imagine as I can't seem to find the proper path for that.

1 Like
#17

Ah, fair enough.

Hmm, that's interesting. My company GDrive account is also exhibiting these issues, so it's certainly looking like an issue on Google's end and nothing to do with Plex usage etc.

Here's hoping that it's resolved fairly soon!

#18

www.googleapis.com page shows just "Not Found". Their server must be down.

#19

Yeah, I think at this point, I'm going to ignore and see if it clears up on its own as I don't believe the issue is on our side at all. I checked my usage and my pattern of hits hasn't changed at all. I barely hit 100-120 hits per 100 seconds which is well below the 1000 per user.

#20

Yeah seems to be an issue at Google itself. Haven’t heard complains yet and streaming seems fine when I tested it. Most of what’s being played is local anyway, so its not an usual API issue.