Rclone has been banned from Amazon Drive

Anybody got knowledges about the costs for the donated APIs?

I think a part of the community would be willing to support this.
I would also donate if needed.

inhuman marketing speak

@ncw I totally agree with @calisro suggestion to open up the ability to add our own auth server. This would allow the community to build a auth solution to allow your awesome program to once again work with ACD.

do you have more then 1 account based on this…
https://support.google.com/a/answer/1186436?hl=en

“Unlimited storage is available with the G Suite Enterprise or Business or Education edition (if you have 5 or more users) or 1 TB of storage (if you have 4 or fewer users).”

does anyone know if they stick to these limits?

they don’t. for now. but with the rapid influx of petabytes of linux iso’s i wouldn’t be surprised if that changed within 1-2 months from now

1 Like

i kinda of assume that as well, so basically we’ll all be in the same situation again, as everyone right now is transferring all there data over to google… what about services like backblaze it seem or any of the other unlimited services it seems they have rclone support as well

Yeah really not many good alternatives around except gsuite and hoping they don’t start enforcing the 5 account minimum. Onedrive is kinda cheap, gives you 5x 1TB for 70 euro/year but has a ton of small annoying limitations, and pretty much everything else is 1TB or really expensive. There’s Hubic from OVH with 10TB but it’s 10mbps speed limited and there’s a bunch of other small noname stuff that might go away any day.

I guess that’s not really surprising if you consider what it actually costs to safely store that amount of data but still unfortunate.

their response doesn’t even seem to acknowledge that ncw IS A PREVIOUS CURRENT DEVELOPER?!! :frowning:
a current developer customers already have experiences with, such a shame, I really hope ncw let’s one of his fans donate their token to him.

But please not delete amazon drive connection option the future release! it working with own auth codes.

@ncw acd_cli had also issues and the matter was resolved. I think that they (amazon) might have misunderstood you.
If you state that you want to re-enable an existent app that had it’s authorization revoked because of security issues (now resolved), do they still give you the same reply?

acd-cli was resurrected with some other existing key (no thanks to Amazon).

Acd-cli stopped working since a few hours (“Rate exceeded”). It is hard to tell if it’s indeed just some throttling, some problem on ACD side or the beginning of the end.

Same here … ACD_CLI -> rate exceeded … i wrote amazon support a nice loveletter …

If they will not let me evacuate my data i will bring in german law …

Sauce on this… i don’t believe it to be true, because acd_cli is shown again as a supported app on amazon.
If it were someone else key/app it would show that app and not acd_cli.

It seems the rate exceeded error is affecting other software as well, including expandrive and arq backup.

Backcall from Amazon after 5 (!) Minutes after complain … wow …

But same thing … sorry for deactivated 3rd party … blahblah … under Linux use Odrive … otherwise windows apps …

Hopefully the error will vanish soon and brings back acd_cli function to evacuate the rest of my data on amazon to google …

For me they only said that only rclone is deactivated (they don’t mention acd_cli), and it appears that there is an issue with their infrastructure:

Please be informed that; Rclone app access has been revoked and it no longer supports Amazon Drive access. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused to you.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue.

Wow, so there is currently no way for any developer, old way or new way, to interact programmatically with their Amazon Cloud drives?

No, just a small number of apps are reported as not working (I can only verify acdcli, I think arq was reported too).

So, with the latest new, it’s dead for good, right ? :confused:

I’m testing gsuite/gdrive now… 8$ per month, that’s ok…

Is acd_cli still working guys?