Rclone has been banned from Amazon Drive

Where is your server? Google Cloud / AWS or ? and which zone

I also have a Hetzner server, so located in DE, using rclone with 20 transfers, currently transfering from acd EU to gDrive at around 90MB/s

My server is from Hetzner server auctions in Germany. I’m not sure which zone I have for ACD or Google Drive. I don’t really know how to find that out.

They are really slacking since its almost a week since acd_cli started to work again :confused:

acd_cli is using a different api key now, they did not get theirs back. i doubt that the acd_cli devs even talked to amazon so we´ll see how long it lasts.

also amazon removed all their info about third party apps so i dont really expect a good outcome of this

I’d also like to thank you for this great program, and continuing to work on Amazon Cloud Drive support.
I’m not cancelling my Amazon Cloud Drive account, but it is much less useful without this super awesome tool.

Anything new? I think I should find some cheap alternative to Amazon Drive…

I have received a full refund for my abbo (Amazon EU) so say good bye Amazon.

Hi can you go into a bit of detail about how you did this as I also have an old white-listed profile that I would like to use to keep uploading files to amazon, I have also read that I will need to auto refresh the token can you explain how you did this? Thanks!

I use Google Cloud in us-east-1 but it’s every slow… but Now I got full refund from Amazon Drive

so all of you that are switching over to google drive is there any indication that google could pull the same thing and banned rclone from working? 2nd is google drive truly unlimited as well? from the stuff I read it sounded like you get 1TB for upto 5 users and after u hit the 5 user mark it was unlimited? how much data are most of you transferring over to google? has anyone ever gotten a notice from google for using to much space?

Any update or same thing ?

I have updated the original post with the latest from Amazon.

Well that’s kind of disheartening to hear, but it also seems as if no one at Amazon really bothered to find out more about rclone and why they ought to support it.

looks like rclone for ACD is really dead… how much longer will GSUITE last? i doubt at this rate the whole 1tb limit excess will last long

Based on NCW’s response it sounds like its officially dead, if everyone is migrating over to google now is it google drive or GSUITE, i signed up for gsuite look like theres a 15 day free trial, if i configure google in rclone can i use the same encryption keys and then just migrate over my data? how much data do most people have over there currently i have 24tb on ACD. It sounds like google you only get 1TB if your under 5 users is this true, should i worry about transferring all this data over? as far as the transfer are people using acd_cli right now to mount and move there data to google?

@ncw Could you use acd_cli auth server?

@ncw since the answer was a no to new API, could we open up the ability to add our own auth server instead? This would allow the community to use donated APIs placed on a auth server instead very similar to what acdcli has done. Someone who has an API can easily then soon up a auth server just like acdcli.

I mean at this point it seems like it wouldn’t hurt anything to allow this.

1 Like

Why can’t rclone use the same method as uploading files as the web browser?

Ive seen some posts on other forums where someone was able to upload a file using curl on the command line.

It seems the same method should be feasible to bake into rclone.

This is unfortunate news - I’ve just cancelled my ACD subscription. Going with GSuite with a domain I already own for $10/mo for unlimited.