ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

google pricing page clearly states that when you have reached the 300$ limit.
you pay about 0,012€ per outgoing GB (to the internet!).

google services likes gdrive (are currently! - promo) free. therefore perfect and maybe only time to get 15TB moved via GCE at under 300$!

@ramses - you pay for egress:

You get a $300 credit but I caught mine when I was copying from GD to ACD as I only had moved a 1TB…

Philip … no you are wrong… so glad i sended a screenshot to my gf to show it… it says clearly…EVEN if you run out of the 300… NOTHING will be charged… screeny will follow in a second

i have to say i have not experienced this when uploading to gdrive with rclone. it tells me checksums are fine. about 7TB already reached gdrive.

what kind of files? video files would not really differ if 2kb are different. but others may get completely broken.

be aware a few years ago i was under the impression that expandrive is some sort of “unstable”. but just my 2 cents. also dokan acd is quite buggy it seems.

see post from @Animosity022. read pricing information and TOS. still curious of that screenshot though.

@ramses - For the trial usage:

Here is the second screen:

So once you go over $300, you trial would end and you could get nailed. It’s a big bill so I’d call and confirm as I didn’t even bother.

Sorry cant post any more to this forum today cause i signed up just today… so if you need infos from me, look at this single post

@philip yeah really afraid… but its updated only on daily base…so lets see tomorrow if i have to pay. and the state is clear…if i dont want to pay, i dont have to.if they want…they can kick my vm… i dont care…but at least i wont pay for sure

and your “upgrade” argument is invalid cause the unlimited is only for business partners.

@philip (the 2nd)
hope so… well if i’m wrong i got a 1000 dollar bill moving 30tb… i’ll tell ya… you name sounds german speaking? maybe we can get in contact?

@Philip_Konighofer
ill tell you in a short time if you are right. if you are not im the first person to warn the others :smiley:

you are doing downloading from ACD with odrive
and
uploading in the meantime to GDrive with rclone
?

another question:
rclone can overwrite files if they are “older” and the size is different

yes. I am aware I may start uploading unfinished files to gdrive.
but as you stated correctly, rclone would pick it up on filesize and even checksum on the next run.
since i started gdrive upload about 12h after odrive download. there is plenty of data which is for sure ready to upload.

i know not really beautiful. but it is going to work and will save me some time.

also egress to gdrive is free, so who cares about the useless incomplete double upload.

be aware if you “upgraded” to business to get around the 2TB disk space limit, you already gave your permission. may not apply to @ramses , since he used expandrive.

still it would lock down your resources when reaching the limit, leaving you in the middle of transfer.

1 Like

but what about your “budget” maximized to 1EUR? :smiley:

@alneven thats the point. you should configure this, in my opinion.
i don’t know GCE that well. i guess it would also lock me down.

my point was that it is not “default” in every situation like @ramses mentioned.

1 Like

@ramses why would you be afraid. ACD ingress is free. generates only insignificant egress, which should be covered with your initial credit. egress to gdrive is free anyway. i think you are safe.

how long until Google shuts down API access for due to a few with >10TB+?

google is not as “closed” with it’s APIs as amazon is. i don’t think this is going to happen.
my guess would be they are going to ban certain individuals.
google could also start enforcing their limits on gsuite business, which would also solve the problem.
or even prevent those “unofficial” ebay resales.

same here. i requested upgrade but they said i already had it. i submitted a support ticket. ill let you know

im maxing out at about 120Mb/s with compute. but having a problem getting my HDD sized up.

1 Like

Stuck at 2T right? My first attempt I had this problem, the drive partition table was set to msdos, which maxes at 2T. Instead of one big drive, I provisioned the vm with a small boot drive and attached a second larger drive at the appropriate size for the amount of data you need to move. Once your instance is booted use parted to change to a gpt partition table, create a new partition taking up the whole drive, put a file system on it, and then mount it

be sure to add
–except *.cloud
to your rclone upload. don’t need all those odrive placeholders

You copied using rclone?