ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

Did they give you a refund for the full amount due to the “inconvenience” of their clusterfuck of instantly dropping support for the linux platform/approved apps due to their recently discovered flawed security; and your ACD account is still live for the remaining 180 days of your subscription enabling you to migrate? I’m tempted to request a refund immediately like everyone else as an “up yours”, but couldn’t handle an immediate switch off upon refund due to also needing to migrate/retrieve content.

does find alone return any paths?

find /home/alaskaoet/tempdisk/odrive-agent-mount/ -type f -name "*.cloudf"

what’s the content of:
/home/alaskaoet/tempdisk/odrive-agent-mount/

thanks but i got it, something was wrong with the odrive account itself, i just revoked the keys and deleted the account and started over and it works now, its now showing the paths thanks :grinning:

you guys try it all much to hard.
doing the same like the most, moving to google storage.

rented a gbit unlimted windows vps, installed expandrive trial and copied directly from the acd to the google storage (all is encfs)… was arround 67mb/s and all of my 30tb will be done tomorrow …
wasnt as hard as expected.

“Upgrade Google Compute to subscription (Is still on trial after uprade) (you have to, otherwise you only have 2TB disk space limit) (this will get you a 10TB limit)”

Where we can do that ? my hard drive with 6TB have already a limit at 2TB ( resizefs /dev/sda1 do nothing , but fdisk say i have 6TB on sda)

is there a MBR or GPT on the disk?
if i remember correctly MBR can only assign 2TB.
try convert to GPT and resize partition/disk?

how large is the partition on sda1? is it sized to the entire 6TB? resize2fs would only work if there is still free space on /dev/sda1 not /dev/sda itself.

Disk /dev/sda: 6 TiB
Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type
/dev/sda1 * 4096 4294967295 4294963200 2T 83 Linux

and => Disklabel type: dos

So GCE create MBR partition and we can’t change that ? ( or i can try with software but :confused: )

I actually had to provide the number to resize2fs, it didn’t work without. Try this:

$ resize2fs /dev/sda1 6TB

It will tell you what’s the max size, replace 6TB with that number and it worked.

That said, you need fdisk to resize the partition first.

Had that, too, recreating the instance with Ubuntu 17.10 gave me a GPT. Although not sure it’s the OS choice or drive size that actually did that, since I initially created the first instance with just 20GB instead of 20TB…

1 Like

hmm didnt had that limitation even in trial

pfuh. mbr 2 gpt conversion seems like an effort afterwards.

try to slim down the OS hdd to around 40GB.
add another empty disk via GCE eg 6TB.

mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb
(since this is a one time thing, don’t bother partitioning anything, use raw disk!)

mount /dev/sdb /mnt/mylargedisk

i guess this should work.
if you need to use the 2nd disk transparent for better handling, consider using a mount bind afterwards.

mount -o bind /mnt/mylargedisk ~/odrive-agent-mount

for instance.

1 Like

one more word to say… if you use encfs …never try to get a backup with the original acd software… data is not corrupt but you may miss 50% of your data “datapath to long”

where did you get the unlimited windows VPS?

Ok… second word to say for that wont to backup encfs… as linux users we dont had problems… for the backupways (in case you use windows) be aware of the ntfs data path limitation…

figured out that 7zip doesnt fuck up like the integrated windows zip or even direct download…
if you login in webfrontend, take for example a season of series (if you backup your tv recordings :-DDDD) …and click download… you get a zip file that is downloaded much faster as using netdrive/expandrive and co… expand the zip with 7zip… NOT with integrated windows compression… and then just move to google…

going to write a litte script tomorrow for automatically doing all of this step by step …

@alneven … store of evil…google compute like refered in that thread pages before.
brilliant idea… google will not have bandwidth problems at all

the google suite thingy is really confusing me… “use it one year as trial” you dont want be charged no matter what you do…

if thats so … hell guys… get it.
iam so afraid that this will end up in a 1000 dollar bill but google was clear with that… “we give you 300 dollar “value” …use it as you want…” …
damn it

Sorry dont know what that bullshit is but as new user i may only post three posts in a single topic. i edited this thread cause i ran out

under billing:

@ramses - you should be fine if you are moving stuff into Google. If you move stuff out, you’ll get quite a bill.

@Animosity022

trial is trial and there is nothing stated that outgoing traffic will be extra charged.if i’m wrong, prove me please with a link

sure. ingress generates about 1% auf egress. since the download needs to upload some control information. should be not that much. for my entire 15TB i am expecting about 18€. which is quite covered by the 300$ startup bonus. just be sure to upload to gdrive. only upload to gdrive is “free” egress at GCE!

i need a very important information … i noticed that after uploaded the orig files to google cloud the size changes most the time about 2kb. so every filecompare will bring a mismatching checksum. the files are working perfectly without any issues…

anyone knows why? and the funny fact is …thats only with 50% of the files… the rest got original size!