ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

if you are using an additional disk you have to format and mount it too.

mkdir /mnt/data-disk
mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb
mount /dev/sdb /mnt/data-disk

Also the paths for odrive have to be changed.

I recommend using a single 8TB system disk on instance creation. otherwise you have to adapt many steps.

1 Like

That’s true
But somehow the 8TB disk was only there, but the particion was only 2TB
And the resize didn’t worked on the running system

in that case i recommend doing a mount bind to put anything in place.

Assuming you mounted your data disk via /mnt/data-disk.

mkdir ~odrive-agent-mount
mount -o bind /mnt/data-disk ~/odrive-agent-mount

This allows you to follow the odrive agent tutorial/docs without the need to change any paths. (It seemed to me that odrive didn’t like changing the proposed path at all, therefore the bind)

have odrive running and working but command find . -type f -name “*.cloudf” -exec python3 “$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py” sync “{}” ; is extremely slow, it goes one by one scan directories take like 10minutes per folder, and it is only chekking not downloading. is there any workaround of getting this faster??
im running it directory to gdrive mount

i took me more than 60min for all directories. Download itselt is much faster, it’s just that slow for folders. Download itself is handled via ACD directly.

sync is now running

what about this point?

Fifth Step: Use rclone with your CRYPT remote
Once finished uploading files files, switch to encrypted remote.

where should I do this? I guess on my normal VPS
 Not?

4hours or so running and only 20or so folders
 there is more than 1k folder

correct. since you uploaded the encrypted files to gdrive. on your normal vps you need a crypt remote.

where do you execute this commands? what is your bandwidth?
I also have about 1k folders and did it on GCE.

i execute on /mnt/gdrive direct to google-drive-ocamlfuse mounted folder(it is not sync direct, it use fuse buffer), it is fast normally but executing this is not helping. bandwidth is 100M and there is only few kb/s in use while check folder. file download i tested earlier and it came fast.

for this “task” is it enough to do

rclone copy /home/plex/odrive-agent-mount/acd/BZxQ7QeNh8jos9pEzcKXk5vy/ gdrive:Plex/BZxQ7QeNh8jos9pEzcKXk5vy

which will copy the LOCAL odrive sync acd/Movies into google drive (REMOTE) Plex/Movies

like normally I would do with the crypted data on my VPS?!
rclone is not encrypting it anyhow extra, as encfs is not even configured on my google compute machine

right?

I tried CloudHQ, but it says “up to 10GB/h” in the FAQ, so no real solution
 I use my dedicated servers and the Google Compute Solution, 120M/s, a dream :slight_smile:

I just spoke to ACD support and cancelled my subscription. They are going to give me a full refund even though I signed up in October.

1 Like

I have no "output" on this command...

But if I run the "next phase", with
find ~/odrive-agent-mount/ -type f -name "*.cloud" -exec python "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py" sync {} ;

only this happens:

Unable to sync 2dqoSBjDYjBodLK5dA9T...flXyec5Bazqlte.cloud. This file doesn't exist.
Unable to sync bQXoZ,bxQDd5EyPzwkc4...sV5i4j4isVVjb-.cloud. This file doesn't exist.
Unable to sync useFsiCn7PJSyfCpi5ff...ahRjWH1rXUFHi4.cloud. This file doesn't exist.
Unable to sync gV4qDLaAHUPmnj5oQjnd...,uhRTPGih0Ycx4.cloud. This file doesn't exist.
Unable to sync ghbLj28O6sDCi5CPHkwz...lS7qzggCyfNZu5.cloud. This file doesn't exist.

Is this normal?
should I wait until something "happens"?

Update:

I have fixed it. Deleted everything and re-done the whole folder and file structure mapping and now it's transfering the data:

Out of curiosity, what did you say to ACD for them to give you a full refund?

Told them the app that I use to upload my backups to ACD via my linux server is banned. They said they are aware and told me to use the ACD client. I said that won’t work in Linux, then I requested a refund. Done.

1 Like

I cancelled my ACD subscription, and immediately got a £46 refund (I’ve had it a few months). I then emailed ACD support asking for a full refund, and pointed out that I’d cancelled because ACD is useless to me without rclone, and they replied about an hour later, confirming that they’d approved a refund of £9.50 for the remaining amount, so I’ve got all my money back (and subsequently ploughed it into GDrive).

I’ll probably leave the 1TB of photos up there as an additional backup, since it’s free with Prime anyway.

i can confirm this too. the dude was telling me that they didn’t do refund at first, when i mentionned other people getting the refund for the same issue, it was accepted.

180 day left to upload it somewhere else then

Based on the answer i got from the (french) support that i contacted today, looks like the cause may be the problem with acd_cli exposing datas from one client to other ones.

I am sorry that you are having trouble with your Amazon Drive.

I’ve taken note of your request, but as you mentioned in your email, linux’s open source system is not compatible with Amazon Drive. I understand that Rclone is an open source application, which has been validated by ACD, but at Amazon Drive it can not be used for several reasons.

Moreover, we are keen on the confidentiality of our customers’ data and do not want them to be susceptible or exposed to piracy.

For my part, I have transferred your request to our developers so that they can study this situation and if possible to set up a possibility allowing some of our clients to go through Open Cell Server validated by Advanced Cell Diagnostics (ACD).

Yes

im calling your script with: ./script.sh (has execute permissions)
the single line is:
find /home/alaskaoet/tempdisk/odrive-agent-mount/ -type f -name "*.cloudf" -exec python "/home/alaskaoet/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py" sync "{}" \;