ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

@webreaper /r/DataHoarder is leaking I suppose :wink:

@Kedryn I still stand by that upgrading your NAS will be more expensive than paying for a few Cloud accounts and keeping them synced. Hell I saw a Gsuites account for less than Ā£4 on eBay before. 10 of them would be cheaper than 1 large SATA drive in the UK. And I get it, Plex > Netflix - however we can hardly moan that Amazon may or may not be blocking us from using their product in a way it was not designed to use. I am sure if you only ever used the official app to backup with they would have less issues.

@Julz2k Has your ACD account been closed?

1 Like

Iā€™m not being negative. Just find it amusing when people complain about stuff so much when itā€™s so easy to fix.

Amazon have no obligation either generally or via their T&Cs to support something like rclone. So we just have to accept what they provide. Theyā€™re not blocking you from accessing your content at all, just restricting the apps you can use to do so.

2 Likes

No my account is still fine and it rather stays like this Iā€™m spending more than 100k a year on Amazon.

100k? What currency?

So swap to one of Amazonā€™s approved apps to access your dataā€¦

Are you guys currently still having this issue or am I only one?

No, everyone is still out in the cold I believe.

@geekcroft li have access to my data with windows, but i need it with linux too

I noticed this last night, got the same error message but didnā€™t think anything of it, when I login looks like everything is there but the ā€œ0 B Usedā€ storage is still displayed. good thing I choose to use acd and g-suite just in case one of them decided to re-nag on the unlimited storageā€¦

Technically you could use the Web Interface to download itā€¦

Failing that then you will need to access from a Windows (or OSX) box as I donā€™t think Amazon has any Linux apps on its Marketplace/Approved list.

Odd, I can see everything on the web interface (and CloudHQ is also seeing it and syncing it)

CloudHQ is an approved app. rclone is not (as far as I know) - At least not for the purposes of this conversation.

Probably.

Until @ncw gets an answer we just have to wait - but I suspect after the whole acd_cli thing that Amazon may just want to not allow projects/apps like this access

Iā€™ve seen that https://www.multcloud.com/home on another thread here. Wich may be can help some of you

If that is the case, itā€™s a sad move for us Linux users. We donā€™t really have any other options. rclone and acd_cli were our only real choices.

Agreed. Although maybe Amazon will add Linux support to their official app, or one of their ā€œofficialā€ partners will.

IF Rclone has been blocked/banned then itā€™s been a glorious ride with ACD if nothing else. I always figured it would come to an end one day and thatā€™s fine by me :slight_smile:

Also for Synology users (which is a kind of linux) because Synologyā€™s CloudSync ACD integration is so poor as to be unusable.

1 Like

@webreaper Their Windows App was also shocking last time I used it.

1 Like

Itā€™s painfully slow unfortunately

I just got off the phone with Amazon Support (Germany) and they confirmed that they deactivated rclone.

The person I talked to couldnā€™t give me any reason as to why they did this.

2 Likes