ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

Heres to hoping it is something Amazon-wide like last time we got a load of 429’s.

Although I do think I will start a ACD -> Gdrive sync so I have a backup :slight_smile:

I don’t think it is an Amazon-wide issue. I’m currently uploading with a different application and it’s going pretty reliably at 12MB/s for me.

1 Like

I think Amazon mean with “third Party Apps” Apps who are NOT listed under there App gallery in Amazon Cloud Drive. Or what did you think?

BECAUSE: Connecting with NetDrive2 works! There are no problems and netdrive is an official app shown in the App gallery from Amazon drive

Yeah if you copy your encrypted files down to your local disc, in mine case E://rescue/Amazon Drive/rclone/ then you can use the config file to access the encrypted data with a config file along the following lines:

[rescue]
type = local
nounc = false

[crypt]
type = crypt
remote = rescue:e://rescue/Amazon Drive/rclone
filename_encryption = standard
password =
password2 =

Then put your encrypted password copied from your original rclone into the password field (with a space preceding it). Note that the path in the file has to lead to the first directory in which the encrypted files are found, so for example if I put the path in as “rescue:e://rescue/Amazon Drive/” then doing an “rclone ls crypt:” would show nothing but setting the path as “rescue:e://rescue/Amazon Drive/rclone/” shows the files with the right names when I do “rclone ls crypt:”

This is great, but does anyone have any idea on how we can download the encrypted files now?

Using the official Amazon app…

So we would have to use a Windows machine to do this?

Plus: Does the sync client actually work well for larger collections of personal photos/videos? ie. 5tb+

The official amazon app (on Windows) keeps barfing on some files due to the error “file path too long”, so far it’s lost about 213 files which is about half of the files it’s tried to sync so far, so a better app would be nice if anyone has any suggestions.

or mac. Spin up a windows VM.

Windows users could use netdrive (30 day trial), link rclone crypt towards the network share and copy their files elsewhere.

Yes I’ll probably try netdrive but I think I’ll leave it until we have official word on what’s going on, as I’ll also need to buy some extra storage as I have about 8TBytes to recover.

Also right now in the UK I can’t even log into amazon cloud drive using the web UI, the web page returns “no data”…

Works for me! Also UK based.

This is the moment when I’m really pleased that my ACD account is really just a cloud backup/mirror of my NAS, so if it turns out today’s issue is permanent I can just start uploading to GDrive or whatever instead. :wink:

I’m curious, is there a reason no-one has mentioned the possibility of using multcloud for syncing between ACD and GSuite/Drive? May be a more cost efficient way to do it, especially for those of us who cant re-up our content again.

I’m using it right now, but it’s really slow (8MB/s) :frowning: I’m faster with manual odrive sync and copy…

did you try CloudHQ ? i cant find any speed comparison

8MB/s is still faster than my download/upload speed. LOL Would be worth while for the likes of me I think. My max upload speed is about 700KB/s - 1.2MB/s. Soooo… no, I’m not going to be syncing locally. :wink:

I’m about to set up a local storage owncloud? Should work with 250/250Mbit. Creating new Amazon Drive accounts or Gdrive, backing up the files 2 or 3 times and then do another one if they delete your content it’s to much for me. Probably could not even save the files within 30 days. Wonder if it’s even legal to give you only 30 days to save your cloud :frowning:

@Julz2k If its in their ToS then its legal…

Also AFAIK nobody has had their account closed, just Rclone is not functioning at this time :slight_smile:

1 Like