ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

Yes. Still, I have a backup on ACD (which is lagging behind a bit now ;-)) just to be safe.

I’ve copy all my data from ACd to Gsuite with my VPS since the last 429 errors session : So Yes !

If Rclone gets banned from ACD, the answer is “no”. Pretty sure your solution was depended on Rclone not being banned :wink: If there would be such a ban, which I doubt, it would mean downloading all files through the web interface and upload them from there. Could be done on a VPS most likely, but not easily (and not with Rclone).

any news about that?
rclone got a permanent ban from acd?

The rclone keys are revoked by Amazon, probably because people were using it to use acd_cli.

Let’s wait and see what the rclone developer ncw has to say about this. Hopefully rclone can be fixed for ACD in the next few days.

Where this information comes from?

Where exactly does that knowledge come from? Did someone at Amazon tell you that’s the case?

On github there is some talking about this. Just a minute ago ncw responded.

https://github.com/ncw/rclone/issues/1409#issuecomment-302345733

Looks like the keys are not revoked, but the request quota is lowered or the quota is just reached. ncw is contacting Amazon to see what is wrong.

My first response was because someone said he contacted Amazon and they told him that rclone was disabled, as can be found in this comment; https://github.com/ncw/rclone/issues/1409#issuecomment-302316487

Yes indeed. Once ACD came back i copied everything

So far no problems with gdrive :smiley:

When it will come Back i will Backup my acd to a gdrive Account drin eBay with live sync to another gdrive Account from eBay :smiley:

I was coming to forums to check if everyone has 429… and again, Amazon is doing it. OMG, these guys don’t want rclone request to their servers :joy:

I suspect acd_cli users that changed the code so it used rclone secret

1 Like

Just got off the phone with their support, the ban seems to be permanent for rclone and they did not want to state the reason why.

I cancelled my ACD subscription, effective immediately. Thankfully my data was just a (encrypted) backup.

They ought to reconsider their fair usage policy, instead of banning apps like rclone globally.

Really? Permanent ban? O_O

Now is not possible to sync data ACD and google drive. What do you think we able to use this, to save our datas?

Keep calm @Vamp , @ncw is in contact with them, trying to get information about the problem. We should wait for his response before a panic attack.

Love the massive over-reactions here. Cancelling accounts with immediate effect, despite the fact that we haven’t even heard back from @ncw about whether this is just a glitch or something permanent. Toys => pram. :smiley:

3 Likes

This. I highly doubt a first level phone rep can comment on the indefinite ban of an application.

1 Like

Not all bad - Cancelling the account, moved my data away to a dedicated server. Yeah it’ll cost in the long run. But also got refunded the Cloud Drive cost.