ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

Update: Webinterface for .DE works and Files online but rclone Errors 429

I have the same error, .DE rclone copy fails with 429, rate exceeded - web works, shows also the encrypted files
and as far as I can decide the rclone mount is not working, atm
Cannot “cd” into the mounted “acd” folder

Same here “429 Too Many Requests” .DE
Seems that ACD has blacklisted Rclone too :frowning:

Same here. Amazon.de hope its not banned :frowning:

This is why I moved over to Gdrive a month ago. Thanks know goodness.

ok … while we all wait to know for sure what is happening, can someone help me with a basic question :slight_smile:
I was running (since 10d …) a clone copy command to encrypt the 15TB I moved to acd already but unencrypted … as mentioned this command is running since 10d already and was due to complete in around 3 more days according to the current progress. I can still see the process running but obviously nothing is getting copied anymore.
If we are all stressing for nothing and the situation becomes normal again in some hours will it resume automatically ? Should I kill the process now ? if doing so how can I resume this copy afterwards without having any corrupted file and without restarting from the start again ?

Thanks !!

Same problem here since this night (02am UTC+2 / 7h ago). Things were working fine and suddently 429 errors everywhere. Web interface has no problem (2.3TO of files shown), but not a single rclone operation works anymore.

So this number of requests would not be per user, but per application ?

If yes, that’s a pretty bad thing, as those errors will happen over and over (the more people are using one tool, the more errors like that one will be triggered …).

Hi KaMoS,

Got the issue too with AmaShit, i could be very interessed by the GDrive unlimited account, can you told me more about
it?

How it works exactly ? i mean the subscription ect… i heard it was limited by 5TB / directory ?

Since how many time did you used it?

How many space did you used with them actually?

no error(s) no problem(s) ? no limits or Rate exceeded ?

Let me know… :wink:

Thanks mate

There are many threads on this forum discussing the benefits of Gdrive and how to get it setup. I use Google’s G Suite @ 8 EUR p/m. Rclone for uploads and crypt, then PlexDrive for streaming via Plex. Works VERY well.

I still use ACD, but only as a backup. And I’ve got a couple of those cheap $5 eBay Gdrive accounts as backup as well.

Could be a consequence of the increased rclone user base due to the fail of acd_cli api?
I was copying my data from acd to gdrive this night… I hope I am able to complete, I was about 70%

1 Like

So this number of requests would not be per user, but per application ?

If yes, that’s a pretty bad thing, as those errors will happen over and over (the more people are using one tool, the more errors like that one will be triggered …).

It still beats every single one of us going through Amazon’s vetting process to have our “own” apps accredited (which likely won’t happen, specially not in high volumes).

KaMoS

Yes, i saw their offers, and i saw on ebay there is unlimited offers (but how you can trust that, it’s complicated…)

About their legit offer, for 8e/month it’s written only 1TB by user?

How many space did you used with them for the moment?,

I’m already around 9TB+ on Amashit but still blocked/locked with their shitty system and their bw/quota (rate exceeded blabla)

I know it will works again as i saw in the forum, but still a problem to used this system if they are not able to keep it online and totally usable all the time.

It’s why i could be interessed to switch by Gsuite (as others dudes i guess) but i’m didn’t saw anything unlimited with them right?

Thanks for you feedback mate, experiences users are always appreciate,

Cheers,

Unlimited GSuite plans are not “real” plans, you have to buy (from ebay) a sub-account from an unlimited account.

That means that someone else has received a real unlimited account (being a google employee or from a university account, for example), and that people will be the owner of your sub-account (and it won’t be linked to your own gmail account).

So it’s cheap (lifetime payment / 8 or 10$). But i don’t think this could be a reliable solution (the real unlimited account may be revoked anytime for whatever reason).

Besides, you may still encounter the same kind of issues about locked accounts (due to too high pressure on transfer rates) or definitive bans.

So having those cheap unlimited google sub-account as a backup is probably a very good idea, but i tend to prefer to have a real paid service linked to my own account (like for ACD).

@SR-G : yes we are agree nothing if free and unlimited in the world, but i was just talking about something better than Amazon :-), if i understood i will need to bought a account from ebay only ? means i will not get the total control … sucks a lots yes.

@KaMoS : wow mate, impressive, and this one was a unlimited “sub-account” from ebay resellers? are you sure you can get that with a legit account from them simply ?

G Suite is VERY much real plans. It’s the replacement for Google Apps. Google don’t enforce their 1TB / User limit.

In fact, after signing into your GDrive account, it explicitly says “unlimited”. The 1TB/user limit is only mentioned on the public homepage/pricing page and nowhere else. I have two legit company accounts with only one user each, and have never heard them complain about the (growing) 15TB in either.

I’ve got that data replicated on 1 legit G Suite (primary) and across 2 eBay cheapies and ACD.

There is a risk that the cheap ones get closed but that’s OK, it’s $5. I sync from the download server to my primary G Suite (drive) account, then I use Google Cloud Compute to sync between all the google drives (no data charges) and Scaleway for Gdrive -> ACD syncs.

if rclone will get banned how can i move to gdrive? Is it possible with a VPS?

@Peterrrr : Thanks for your information, it means we are able to used a simple " Gsuite Business plan " @ 8euros/month(s) to have unlimited storage showed in their console for the moment?

@KaMoS : Thanks for you information, yes we are agree you can’t be sure @ 100% this unlimited account from University and/or google employee my ass… this compagny is too good to be fired (-sic-) will be usable long time… and you can’t be sure this data will be save too… i guess the replication behind this kind of system is needed