ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

Me too. Hopefully amazon didnt ban rclone like acd_cli.

acd_cli has been banned?

Also experiencing 429s.

@sixhoursago : see this thread https://github.com/yadayada/acd_cli/pull/562

acd_cli_oa was banned so there is no way for it to authenticate to ACD anymore.
Since the only other way to get it to auth is to build your own authentication app and Amazon does not allow API access to anyone anymore (your app must be whitelisted after an approval process and I was already denied), itā€™s effectively impossible to get acd_cli to authenticate anymore (unless you find someone that has an existing auth service and is willing to share).
I suspect that with acd_cli tanking a few days ago, everyone migrated over to rclone and since rclone mount spams the API far more than acd_cli did, Amazon may have noticed a significant increase in usage and shut it downā€¦

or itā€™s just another ACD API outageā€¦ crossing fingers.

1 Like

Iā€™m getting the 429 just on a mount request.

I get very consistent 429s on an rclone ls acd:/ā€¦ It seems like it may have been bannedā€¦

As you may notice, this thread is almost 1 month old and started when people had this EXACT same issue. I believe it was fixed within 24 hours last time.

Unless you have inside knowledge, why spread ā€œfudā€ about you thinking rclone is banned? just because of the unfortunate acdcli situation? Letā€™s just wait and see before freaking out.

in the mean time, those of you considering moving from acd to gdrive, may want to check out multicloud. I am currently using multicloud transferring my files from acd and getting decent speeds to gdriveā€¦ the fastest i have ever seen actually.

Iā€™m leaning toward rclone getting extra users due to the aci_cli thing and so may have gone over the currently setup limit for ACD.

The one potential bad thing though is I just tried goodsync and it is working fine so doesnā€™t look to be a global issue with the CLI but could still be too many current overall requests and ACD will need to inrease the limit for the security key.

Weā€™ll just have to wait and see.

damn. fingers crossed

Iā€™m still putting my money on it being a usage/traffic thing from the acd_cli shutdown. rclone doesnā€™t have the same securty issues that got acd_cli shutdown so donā€™t really see a reason for them to shutdown rclone.

At least I do have my data synced to gdrive as well so Iā€™ve switched most of my scripts to use gdrive for now and Iā€™ll sync it over when things start to work again.

Yes, I donā€™t think rclone would be getting banned, but if it truly is has exceeded itā€™s rate limit due to increased daily users, it will only continue to exceed that limit every day or so after itā€™s re-activated.

Dev can probably talk to amazon about getting it raised and I think I even remember something in the docs that said he had to do that once in a while.

Just started using ACD, already fail - I thought the stories about downtime were all fake, I guess I was wrong.

facing the same issues here, was working a few hours ago and all of the sudden 429 :confused:

1 Like

why couldnt they just duplicate the app and call it something else

Every app has to have a security key from amazon. It isnā€™t the name of the app that authorizes it, but that key.

i think there is no problem with rclone because when you go at https://www.amazon.de/clouddrive/folder and login, you can see no files and folders:confused:

I see mine in the web interface, but Iā€™m on one of the US servers (https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive). Your link pointed to the .de server.

Web interface works fine for me (.com). But Rclone errors.