"Unlimited" alternatives to Google Drive, what are the options?

could you send me a DM if you still have available accounts?

Hi guys, is there any news or findings on this thread?
Thank you.

Quite good actually! Support from LayerOnline is super fast, AND they've added DropBox Unlimited as an official reseller!

1 Like

I should re-iterate, LayerOnline is offering the DropBox Unlimited for $36/month. They are a reseller, so it's your own account. (It was advertised as a reseller, it is actually a shared Team account, updating post so no one is mislead.)

So is unlimited available to a single user?

Signed up as I had the dreaded 5TB limit imposed on my GDrive last night, but checking Dropbox today and its showing me that Dropbox Advanced Business can now be purchased for 1+ users at £24/monthly

Imgur

Spoke to their support about this, this morning and they didn't know much about it but said someone would call later today about it... :man_shrugging:

Anyone else seen this?

That would be correct, per $36.

I'm not seeing this, in the US, or from a London user. Also won't allow me to downgrade my count on a US account.

Can't see it yet, will subscribe as soon as I see it in case this is a new plan

Thanks for the info. Not seeing it yet, seeing US pricing here from my location.
But why would you contact them, better just sign up and start using it instead of warning them about a potential mistake.

I haven't received anything from Google yet, but in the Admin panel it says that I'm >2000% over the 5TB limit. From what I read I can expect an actual limitation soon.
They offer me to upgrade for 200 Euro/month to keep my storage.

Because when I went to signup the price jumped from £28.80 to £48 + VAT so wanted to make sure it wasn't just an error and if it indeed was a new package.

Still waiting for them to call me back about this though so still unsure if its a new package or not but I am still able to see it on their plans page.

Just signed up with LayerOnline waiting for them to activate my account. The email I recieved back from them says

This email is to confirm that we have received your order. You shared drives will be ready within 24-48 hours. To comply with Google terms of services while protecting your privacy, please follow below rules:

1. LayerOnline admin needs to be owner of the drive - If you want to add more members, please submit a ticket

2. Encryption - For your privacy, please encrypt your drive. You may use Cryptomator, rclone builtin encryption or your favorite encryption software

3. Upload Limit - (Don't abuse Google's 750GB limit)

Thanks for choosing LayerOnline.

Cheers,

LayerOnline Team

1 Like

And what did they wrote about Dropbox?

I see on the order form that they need 2 things for google, “google drive name” and a “google account”, a google account is clear, but what is the google drive name? Any name what you “like” they name it?

Yeah just a name for the share

1 Like

Make sure you selected the $35.99 share (that shows DropBox), not the JUST google ones.

1 Like

Would very much like to here how people are doing after they have used the new LayerOnline DB offering for a bit. Like how does requesting more storage work, how does your account look (is it clearly part of a larger shared team account), what feature are disabled (sharing, etc).

Price from the Ultimate Dropbox/Google Backup Bundle from LayOnline seems to good to be true.

I agree. It's basically only paying for 1 DropBox spot and they are throwing in a Google shared drive. They also list odd features like WebDAV, which neither Google Drive or DropBox have, so I'm not sure what that is about. My biggest pause on them, or even joining a group plan from folks here, is their's or that group's single DropBox team is going to stick out like a sore thumb with multiple heavy users on 1 team account. A team with 50-200TB is one thing, a team with 3 users each with 50-200TB feels like another.

For know I just got my own and will pay the higher cost.

Indeed, I thought it was originally a reseller, which was listed, but it appears to be a shared Team.

What country are you out of? Also, if you scroll down, does it still say "As much space as needed, once purchased"?