"Unlimited" alternatives to Google Drive, what are the options?

Somewhat related, what is the fastest way to “download” data from drive? I know it’s obviously limited by Internet bandwidth, but through Rclone the fastest I’m able to download is under 20 MB.

My google drive app no longer functions. I can’t even connect to my regular small account anymore even after uninstalling rebooting and reinstalling.

But the only options I seem to have our via rclone or browser.

Who are there settings that I can alter in Rclone to make it download faster or is that a limit google invokes?

Thanks!

Question to Users they are after the 60 day period and now are in the read only Mode: can you still Copy/Download Files/folders with Dropbox and can you still browse them trough the mount or in Other way? Thank you for your answers :slight_smile:

Got the dreaded email from Google this morning. Any box customers with free slots please feel free to DM me

Got the email this morning too, I'll start my own subscription with box, do anyone knows if it's possible to to some kind of "speedtest" to their services?

I was about ready to ask the same thing. I recently created a trial account but my upload speeds are not the best this morning. Only getting around 20MB up. Last night I was getting around 60MB up.

I haven't tested the download speed yet.

I ended up going with Dropbox. They gave me 103TB to start off with. I will be requesting 10TB weekly until my 190 TB is met. Happy migrations everyone.

Box looks interesting, somebody still has a slot open? If so please DM me.

You joined within the last week and got 103TB to start with? How?

I started a trial account before paying for the full sub. Opened a chat with support and asked if they could do a lump sum storage pool to start me off for a 200tb migration, which I told them that this was dependent on me subscribing to their services. As soon as I paid they increased my storage size.

When did you started the trial and paid for the service? In the past few days?

I am on a Google Enterprise Plan with more than 5 users. Today I noticed Photo throwing up an error message that space was finished. So I went to the Admin panel and there was the by now usual announcement to buy more space.

But now it was supplemented by a new message stating that we have 57 days to get our house in order, so to say...

I then clicked the question mark to access the chat and, once in the automated chat (which I fully intended to bypass to reach a human interaction), I saw this:

I clicked it and it told me that I would get a reply within two business days.

Anybody tried this route? I remember reading about people asking and being added some TBs of space. It then becomes a matter of how many mixed with the rate of increasing storage for any given account, I suppose.

I wanted to stay with Google Workspace via the Enterprise plan. I upgraded a with 5 users and then contacted support to increase the storage. They very clearly told me that they offer an increase of 5TB/user every 3 or 4 months (forgot exactly which of the two). Either way, it would take to long or cost too much to get the TBs I needed. 10TB/week from Dropbox with a 100TB jump start was the better option for me.

Any one have any bad experiences with sharing login access of the Dropbox advanced user accounts? Like does Dropbox do any crack downs or account sharing or are there any throttling issues?

I have noticed if I run concurrent RClone sessions, that they will begin to give API warnings, and failures, of too many operations.

If this is for Dropbox create a unique appid and secret for each rclone

Thanks for sharing!
I only use one seedbox and one rclone session to push stuff from it to Dropbox. All users just use Infuse to stream stuff.

I did it all yesterday. Trial was for me to test and setup rclone. Then once I did some test transfers I contacted support for space.

1 Like

Has anyone tried this website?

https://mypikpak.com/drive/payment/storage?refer_from=v_web_pikpak_ggong_faq

10 TB for 43USD for a year
50 TB for 390USD for 3 years

1 Like

@left1000

Please use a seedbox with 10 GBPS in this way it will be little faster.

I have a data around 40 TB I am using a Feral Seedbox to transfer my files to Onedrive & Opendrive.

Ugh, I feel so foolish I failed to browbeat them into such a concession, starting off at 38tb+10tb per week is going to take me months to migrate :frowning: But now that I've already paid and already agreed it's sort of too late for me to try your approach.