Unable to Authorize with pcloud

open an issue where?

to all,

at pcloud website, i created a new app to get the client id and secret.
then i used rclone config to create a remote, worked no problem.

sorry can you explain better? what do you mean you created a new app at pcloud website?

You guys are mixing each other up.

1. Open an issue please for the default rclone app with pcloud as that seems to not be working
  2. You can create your own app id and use your client id/password.

They are two separate things.

1 Like
  1. delete or comment out any existing pcloud remotes in the rclone config file.
  2. delete the linked app at https://my.pcloud.com/#page=settings&settings=tab-apps
  3. goto https://docs.pcloud.com/my_apps/
    a. if there is an existing app, you can get the cliend id/secret from that.
    b. if there is not an existing app, create it to get the client id/secret.
    and use settings like these

1. rclone config and create a new remote, paste the client id, secret and then rclone will start the oauth process, opening the web browser, sign in...
2 Likes

as I wrote, under Linked Apps there is "No Apps", it probably got deleted by pcloud, before it was there today it is not.

sorry what do you mean delete any apps from rclone, rclone IS an app it doesn't contain other apps.

in pcloud, there are apps; that app may or may not be linked to rclone.
creating a rclone remote, using the app's client id/secret, links rclone to that pcloud app.

i re-edited the steps to be clearer.

i did it three times now, worked every time.

Hello,
Same issue here.
Yesterday, everything was working good.
And today, no more application token in "docs pcloud com/my apps", it's gone gone :cold_sweat:
I'm able to create a application token under a different name (if I use the disappeared name, pcloud tells me the name already exists :frowning: ) but unable to authorize rclone to use it : each time I have like other people here "This 'redirect_uri' is not autorized."..

I think pCloud messed up something during the night... :roll_eyes:

Regards

I've contacted pCloud support about this and will report back what they say!

ok, what did you write them?

ok, if I proceed this way will my current remotes be deleted? how can I keep the current remotes and files (clear remote and crypt remote). thank you.

Yep, that works. Thank you!

I also wrote to their support.

not for me... it didn't work...

Maybe it is linked to Europe storage only ?

maybe because I don't have linked app anymore ?

1. delete the linked app at ht*tps://my.pcloud.com/#page=settings&settings=tab-apps

Hi,

I also had the same issue and followed the instructions given by asdffdsa and it worked.
You have to edit the app and fill the "Redirect URIs" as in the screenshot posted above, otherwise you will have the "redirect_uri is not autorized' message.

I had the issue, but followed the instructions with one difference. I copied and pasted the link that was generated by rclone directly into a browser. h*tp://127.0.0.1:53682/auth?state=xxxxxxxxxx. and it worked...magic .... maybe the problem was solved at pcloud and I got lucky

I will give a try.
But it doesn't explain why the tokens and linked apps disappeared on pCloud's side :roll_eyes:

same for me ....very strange

Just tried, it doesn't work...