Tls: use of closed connection

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Hello,
I am currently making a copy of my synology NAS at Gdrive all encrypted.
I have an error on a file that failed to copy, here is the error: tls: use of closed connection
Knowing that now it continues to copy the following file normally, it is only for one file.
I was told it was a partial break in the connection.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

NAS synology

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

<rclone copy /volume1/... gdrivecrypt:test >

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Without a log, it's hard to guess what happened.

If you can recreate the issue and share the log with -vv on it, we can tell you what happened.

Hello and thank you for your reply.
It is not possible to reproduce the error since I do not know where it comes from.
It was during my process of copying from my NAS to Gdrive that the file was not copied.

If you re-run the command, are all the files copied? If you re-run, please use -vv and keep the log.

Otherwise, I can make some guesses that you either had a network error and it needed to be retried or it was a solar flare :slight_smile:

Network glitch seems very likely to me.

I did once upon a time convince a customer that our software crashed due to a cosmic ray. Though reading about Google's RAM testing maybe that wasn't so unlikely!

Ok I also think it's a network problem.
Will the file in question be downloaded at the end of the copy or not ?
Thank !

Depends on what was in the log.

If it was a retry, it would have continued.
It was an error and it stopped, it would download the whole thing again.

2020/04/29 21:40:15 ERROR :........................................: Failed to copy: Post https://www.googleapis.com/upload/drive/v3/files?alt=json&fields=id%2Cname%2Csize%2Cmd5Checksum%2Ctrashed%2CmodifiedTime%2CcreatedTime%2CmimeType%2Cparents%2CwebViewLink&supportsAllDrives=true&uploadType=resumable&upload_id=ID: tls: use of closed connection

I have this in the log (I hid part of the link and some files)

Answer is still basically the same as that's just 1 line of the log so not sure man. If you want to post a log, I'm happy to review it.

If not, just re-run and see what happens.

I've been seeing this issue occasionally as well. I will try to capture it with -vv.

A question for @ncw : Did you ever merge the fix mentioned in this comment into master? Or did it only ever exist in beta?

betas get added to the next release. That should be in 1.52 released a week or so ago.

1 Like

Here is the commit

Which is tagged with 1.52

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.