Sending data TO Gdrive: 403: Rate Limit Exceeded

still going strong here

Transferred: 2911.344 GBytes (7.959 MBytes/s)
Errors:0
Checks:0
Transferred:6854
Elapsed time: 104h3m1.9s

and i got a second one running

Transferred: 410.914 GBytes (9.251 MBytes/s)
Errors:0
Checks:0
Transferred:991
Elapsed time: 12h38m2.4s

both using the same source but different destination

Do you mean different accounts or different directories in the same account ?

How does the “maximum one >100GB blob/day” ban work?
There is a ban if trying to upload two files >100 GB the same day?

Same source (ie:GdriveA:Videos/TV) towards separate destinations… GdriveB:Videos/TV and GdriveC:Videos/TV. GdriveB and C are using each there own Clientid and secret.

Hi there,
i asked the GCloud Support if or when they will be a increase possible for the upload.
i got this repsonse. just for your Info.

Hi xxx,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on any time-frame which this will be finalized. At this time however, it looks like this limit is solid. In relation to the Drive API, some quotas are not published to prevent abuse and to lighten the load on the servers.

Sincerely,

XXXX
Google Cloud Support

works great, I updated the plex server guide at: https://github.com/Admin9705/The-Awesome-Plex-Server/blob/master/03%20-%20RClone%20&%20PlexDrive5 and used your command and it works great. i see the stuff uploading slower (fine, but no more reboot the server once the max hits)

Alright so there is definitely a reduced download limit from gdrive as well. I am getting <3TB download and 403.

<3TB, but in what timeframe? In a day?

yes, they do not do anything other than 24h periods.

Saw something about 2,5 TB. Cannot remeber where,

Not sure if they have changed the download limit, I just managed to download over 3TB:

Transferred: 3264.716 GBytes (464.111 MBytes/s)
Elapsed time: 2h0m3.1s

I guess the problem could be the the way google calculate downloads, as all sorts of things seem to count as downloads including plex scanning and from my experience, if you mount the drive on OSX then even browsing through the finder seems to count as downloads! (I have stopped doing that)

To my knowledge they have not changed the download limit which still is 10TB. It is the upload which is the problem.

I believe repeatedly downloading the same file will cause a ban. Ran into this issue last night while testing streaming with rclone. Maybe transferred the same blob (2gb) 20+ times and got banned. Definitely did not hit the 10tb/day limit.

the btwlimit somewhat didn’t work, i changed transfer=1 with the 8650k bandwidth thing so seeing if that works

Did you get 403 Rate Limit or Forbidden?

Strange, I been running the following for a almost two weeks now and no ban so far:

rclone sync --bwlimit 10M --tpslimit 8 --exclude “*~” --exclude “Sonarr**” --exclude “Radarr**” --exclude “Unsorted**” --max-size 99G --log-level INFO --stats 10s GoogleG3:/ GoogleAJ:/PMS/

Had to restart it recently, but the current stats are:

Transferred: 2261.320 GBytes (9.701 MBytes/s)
Errors: 32
Checks: 15316
Transferred: 1014
Elapsed time: 66h18m12.6s

Edit: to add some more info, I’m syncing 1-50gb videos between unencrypted $10 ebay school one to a encrypted single account real one. Using my own 100 api/sec.

Forbidden 24 hour ban. I use my own API key so I’ve never gotten a rate limit 403

Doesn’t matter if you use your own key or not. You’ll still get a 403 after uploading 750gb

I wasn’t referring to the 750GB/day upload limit. I was banned for repeatedly opening the same blob file (2GB) within a short time span.

ya the bandwidth=8600k and doesn't work. I don't get it. This is what I use now, uploads but still triggers the ban after 12 hours. even if i added the 1 transfer, it still did the same thing:

sudo rclone --allow-non-empty --allow-other mount gdrive: /mnt/rclone --config /root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf --bwlimit 8650k --size-only

i'll try this unless you have any other recommendations:
sudo rclone --allow-non-empty --allow-other mount gdrive: /mnt/rclone --config /root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf --bwlimit 10M --tpslimit 8 --size-only