Sending data TO Gdrive: 403: Rate Limit Exceeded

You can’t limit rclone mount with --bwlimit, I assume this would only work for copy/move or sync commands. Did you try to implement the --tpslimit 8 that aj1252 suggested? That should apply for rclone mount as well. It’s not recommended to use a mountpoint for upload (write access) btw, you should be better off using the copy or move commands for this.

1 Like

Anyone know if the limit also apply to Web UI?
e.g. uploaded 700GB via API and then upload 100GB via Web UI

I don’t think so, at least from my experience when you hit the upload ban using rclone, you can no longer upload via the Web UI either

Does anyone still have this 403 error? I’m uploading via ZOOM uploader and there’s no failing uploads anymore and I’m sure I’ve uploaded more than 750GB in 24h.

i m using zoom uploader too. but its still fail

Apart from the slowing down with --bwlimit so you don’t hit the maximum per day, I still think it makes sense to add an option where I can set the maximum GB and then stops afterwards.
That way I can just quickly copy whatever is possible for the day and be done with it.

How do you know what time it starts and ends though?

Not sure what you mean. You can just start them manually or using a daily cronjob. And they end/exit when they reached the maximum that you’ve set.
For example, I’m uploading TB’s to several remotes. Instead of ‘–bwlimit 8500’, I think it would be useful to be able to set something like ‘–max-transfer-total 750GB’.
That way, I can just upload whatever is possible for the day and be done with it. I have a 1Gbps connection so 750GB should take about 2 hours.
Right now, with multiple remotes, I have a bunch of times ‘rclone --bwlimit 8500’ running 24/7 while that isn’t necessary.

But wouldnt you need to know that your 24 hours goes from say 1pm to 1pm?

Why? You don’t have to know when it resets.
You can start your daily cronjob at any time you want and it doesn’t matter it resets during the upload. As long as you don’t upload more than 750GB per 24hrs.

edit:
For example; Let’s say 750GB takes exactly 2 hours to upload and your reset happens at 1pm. Feel free to start your cronjob at 12pm every day.
Half is then uploaded before the reset and the other half after the reset. But you will never be blocked because you never upload more than 750GB per 24hrs.
So the time it resets doesn’t matter.

But what if you go to upload again. You dont know how much you have already uploaded.

I think ts better to figure out when your start and finish is, and be able to set a max amount from time A to Time B

How does 24 hour count works?
Last 24 hours or everyday PST (or something else)?

Last 24 hours. Meaning, if you haven’t uploaded 750GB or more in the last 24 hours, you aren’t banned.

There is no additional “punishment” for hitting the ban, so I guess it is more of a simple “quota limit” than a “ban”. Whenever the uploaded amount for the last 24 hours sinks below 750GB, the ban is lifted.

1 Like

It’s been more than 2 days for me and the ban hasn’t been releases, I’m not sure what’s wrong tbh

Do you have an rclone mount for plex? I found that was the problem for me.

I don’t but i had it running in the background and just few mins ago, i was told i reached the Max API Requests and i was told to not touch it for 24 hrs so it reset.

Is there a way to check that myself ? and is there a way to make the script stop after uploading 750 gb ?

Ya i’m going to try it out. Actually writing to it directly is great for me because it worked great until the bans.

I agree, this will just prevent all sorts of headaches.

you have to reboot your system lol must likely

24 hour from time of incident