Seedbox/Plex Workflow with Two Mounts

I currently have a setup as follows
GDrive: Remote > Cache > Crypt. I’m just copying files to it from my local machine. I want to move this work out to a seedbox so I can free up my local box for other things.

I want to setup a seedbox for automation with Sonarr and Radarr. In addition I want to mount my GDrive on my nVidia Shield TV following this setup https://forums.plex.tv/t/howto-configuring-rclone-mount-on-nvidia-shield-to-replace-plex-cloud/371318. The problem I foresee is I need access to the mount on the seedbox so that Sonarr and Radarr can view the folder hierarchy and know what has already been downloaded, but I also need it mounted on my Shield TV to reduce any buffering or latency. Can you mount the same remote twice? Any suggestions on if this workflow could be improved?

Yes, you can mount the same remote as many times as you want.

Normally, if you have multiple mounts or things copying up with Google Drive, it takes 1 minute based on normal polling for something new to show up on another mount.

EDIT: I missed you were using a cache in there. Each cache can only be mounted 1 time or 1 process can be used against it. If you wanted multiple cache mounts, you need multiple cache configurations.

Can I set the Shield TV mount as read-only and the Seedbox mount as read/write?

That would be your choice. If you want to mount it read-only, there is no reason why you can’t.

Do you have any advice on which flags to set for the mount command for either location?

My theory is keeping it as simple as possible so I try to keep much at the defaults as I can.

/usr/bin/rclone mount gcrypt: /GD --allow-other --dir-cache-time 96h --drive-chunk-size 32M --log-level INFO --log-file /opt/rclone/logs/rclone.log --timeout 1h --umask 002 --rc

I use rc as I use some remote control commands on it. Not needed if you don’t plan for remote control. I keep a higher dir-cache as this reduces api calls and speeds things up.

I personally keep it read/write as I want to be able to delete media from Plex if I want to.

It all kind of depends on how you want things to work and what your flow is.

Sounds like you want seedbox read / write so it can drop stuff there.
Keeping your local read-only or read write depends on what you want to do. I like to be able to delete so I keep it read - write.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.