Remote Control Flags which are not listed in options/get

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I can't determine if flags that are not listed in the output of rclone rc options/get are not implemented in Remote Control, or if I am misunderstanding how to apply additional flags to a command.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.51.0

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

macOS 10.14.6, 64bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Backblaze B2

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone rc options/set --json '{ "main": "links": true }'

OR

rclone rc sync/sync --json '{ "srcFs": "/mnt/data/Project", "dstFs": "backblaze:bucket/Project ", "links": true }'

Further Thoughts

There are hundreds of flags listed on https://rclone.org/flags/ that are not included in the output of rclone rc options/get. Are all of these un-implemented?

Am I missing some critical piece of documentation? Does the documentation need to be expanded to help answer this question?

The RC for flags is missing all the backend flags

The thinking being that you'd just create a new remote with the flags you need.

Surprisingly perhaps the --links flag is a local backend flag so if you create a backend with that flag you can use it in the RC.

Awesome, that makes sense. It took me a bit to figure out exactly what you were describing, so for anyone who needs the additional help, here's the implemented solution to my problem:

rclone rc config/create --json '{ "name": "local", "type": "local", "parameters": { "links": true } }'

then my sync command followed the documented options, but to show how the local is used:

rclone rc sync/sync --json '{ "srcFs": "local:/mnt/data/Project", "dstFs": "backblaze:bucket/Project" }'

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.