Rcx android and Rclone sync crypt between each other but cant see the files in the mount or cant view the encrypted files in windows

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Can someone help me with my cypt from rcx android
I try to use rclone on android with RCX and rclone with windows.
I would love to sync my local phone folders to my windows and backwards encrypted. Now i have transfer the rcx crypt from my phone to windows and sync them between with Syncthing but they only can be viewed on my phone with the file manager thats built in RCX and in windows when i mount the crypt i cant see anything.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.61.1

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 11 Home 21H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.22000.1574 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.19.4
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

I dont i just use Syncthing on my windows laptop and android phone to only sync between those two devices my crypt

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount 7dhkSj: X: 
It gives me the mount of the crypt but theres nothing inside. 

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[7dhkSj]
type = crypt
filename_encryption = Standard
directory_name_encryption = true
remote = /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/7dhkSj
password = -
password2 = -

A log from the command with the -vv flag

I dont know 

hello and welcome to the forum,

not sure what that mount will work on windows, as the remote is local storage on android.

rcx looks to be abandoned and using an old version of rclone
that is why, on android, i run rclone inside termux.
https://github.com/rclone/rclone/wiki/turn-your-android-phone-into-a-media-server

on android, could run rclone serve sftp /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/7dhkSj
instead of sftp, could use ftp,webdav, other options
on windows on windows, create a remote to access that sftp server.
i use tailscale to connect android and windows.

for example, i use keepass on windows, and back that up to cloud.
on android, i use Keepass2Android Offline
so i use rclone in termux to download the .kdbx file to android.
here is the script

export RCLONE_CONFIG_PASS=redacted
export RCLONE_CONFIG=/data/data/com.termux/files/home/.config/rclone/onedrive.conf

source="onedrivevb_crypt01:en/kdbx/rclone/backup"
dest="/storage/emulated/0/keepass/"

rclone copy $source $dest --include='01.kdbx'  -vv
rclone cryptcheck $dest $source  --include='01.kdbx' -v

Hey thanks for your reply. Very usefull.
I only wanna bring my encrypted videos and pictures to my windows laptop and back and look them up maybe delete some or add some videos and encrypt them back to both of them!

You got a more step by step solution for me?

the commands and export config are too difficult for me to start with.

Only is the sftp encrypted? so only my devices can use the crypt with the sftp serve ? and i use syncthing because its open source and works as local. i dont think wanna host my own tailscale server or anything at home. just wanna use my laptop and phone to connect to each other to edit, open ,remove and view my encrypted files.

yes, sftp uses ssh, so data is crypted in transit.

that is how tailscale works, just install the client, no server. use their website for all config.

on android, try rclone serve sftp 7dhkSj: --user=user --pass=pass

on windows,
create a remote pointing to that sftp server
note: should be able to use filezilla to login to that sftp server.

im a bit confused because I use v2rayNG and RethinkDNS as vpn + dns and firewall so i cant use tail with android cause it will use my vpn slot. Why i need the tailscale for ?

nothing at all. as i use tailscale, not limited to local wifi, i mentioned it.
then you commented about not wanting to setup a local vpn server, and i replied, no local server is required, only the client.

Alright please guide me further. I just downloaded all my files from RCX back to my phone so i can use them decrypted. then i did the pkg install openssh and install rclone

after that i made a new crypt named public_html in rclone termux android.

gave it a password and the location on my phone /storage/emulated/0/helpp
i named the folder helpp for the decrypted files from RCX and the crypt has been set.

but when i try to do rclone serve sftp /storage/emulated/0/helpp. it gives this error in termux rclone.

notice Loaded 0 authorized keys from data/data/com.termux/files/home/.ssh/authorized_keys and failed to sftp no authorization found use -- user/--pass.

but i dont have them only my password for the new crypt i just made.

i do not use rcx, cannot help with that.

as for rclone in termux, cannot see into your computer.
run the command with -vv and post the full output.

No i mean i just left RCX and used termux rclone in my android not yet in my computer. i made a new crypt via my phone termux rclone. and i just dragged my files away from RCX to start again in rclone termux.

i will do in android termux the --vv

next time, please post the full output as text, not tiny screenshot.

2023/02/15 17:30:36 Fatal error: unknown flag: --vv
~ $ rclone serve sftp /storage/emulated/0/helpp -vv
2023/02/15 17:30:53 DEBUG : rclone: Version "1.61.1-termux" starting with parameters ["rclone" "serve" "sftp" "/storage/emulated/0/helpp" "-vv"]
2023/02/15 17:30:53 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "/storage/emulated/0/helpp"
2023/02/15 17:30:53 DEBUG : Using config file from "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2023/02/15 17:30:53 INFO : Local file system at /storage/emulated/0/helpp: poll-interval is not supported by this remote
2023/02/15 17:30:53 NOTICE: Loaded 0 authorized keys from "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/.ssh/authorized_keys"
2023/02/15 17:30:53 INFO :
Transferred: 0 B / 0 B, -, 0 B/s, ETA -
Errors: 1 (retrying may help)
Elapsed time: 0.0s

2023/02/15 17:30:53 DEBUG : 2 go routines active
2023/02/15 17:30:53 Failed to sftp: no authorization found, use --user/--pass or --authorized-keys or --no-auth or --auth-proxy

so try to mimic the command i posted

Alright now i get this i think it works like it use to be

~ $ rclone serve sftp /storage/emulated/0/helpp --user=user --pass=pass
2023/02/15 17:56:56 NOTICE: Loaded 0 authorized keys from "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/.ssh/authorized_keys"
2023/02/15 17:56:56 NOTICE: Generating 2048 bit key pair at "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/.cache/rclone/serve-sftp/id_rsa"
2023/02/15 17:56:56 NOTICE: Generating ECDSA p256 key pair at "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/.cache/rclone/serve-sftp/id_ecdsa"
2023/02/15 17:56:56 NOTICE: Generating Ed25519 key pair at "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/.cache/rclone/serve-sftp/id_ed25519"
2023/02/15 17:56:56 NOTICE: SFTP server listening on 127.0.0.1:2022

on android, could run rclone serve sftp /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/7dhkSj
instead of sftp, could use ftp,webdav, other options
on windows on windows, create a remote to access that sftp server.

how do i create the remote to access that sftp server?

same as any other remote, create a remote for sftp

Okay but my files are on my phone in /storage/emulated/0/helpp/ with the crypt name public_html

So i need to do in windows rclone config? and do new remote and give this the same name public_html and same path /storage/emulated/0/helpp/ ?

because this location doesnt exist on my laptop. Only on my phone and after i created the new remote in windows i need to do again but then in windows rclone serve sftp /storage/emulated/0/helpp/ --user=user --pass=pass ?

add --addr=:2022

on windows, create a remote for the sftp server
https://rclone.org/sftp/

i need to set host when i follow the steps by steps tutorial.
what is the host. example.com

do i need to set 127.0.0.1:2022 ?

is that the host?

Storage> 39

Option host.
SSH host to connect to.
E.g. "example.com".
Enter a value.
host>