Rclone union ? Windows radarr/sonarr can it be done?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

when in Union mode cannot get radarr/sonarr to read folder, just hangs

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.3

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.5

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows Server 2016

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive with SA and Team drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

"C:\Program Files\Rclone\rclone" mount --allow-other --timeout 30m test: R: --config="C:\Program Files\rclone\rclone.conf"

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[tdrive]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"***************","expiry":"2020-12-04T21:22:41.719436Z"}
team_drive = *******************-

[tcrypt]
type = crypt
remote = tdrive:encrypt
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = *************************************
password2 = *********************************************

[test]
type = union
upstreams = tcrypt::ro d:\1
server_side_across_configs = true

A log from the command with the -vv flag

No errors, i just need to mount with better flags i think..

So I am trying to achieve the following...

I have a radarr/sonarr with Plex.

I have a P: GDrive where i have been using it for years and years etc its works brilliantly.

So now I want to have that P: mount read only and i want to have files that try and write to it do to another drive , so then i can manually (or scheduled) rclone move them over to Gdrive. So i have done a rclone union as stated above, R = my usual tcrypt (P:) and my D:\1. now this kinda works ok, it does connect them together and if you try and write it does write to D:\1 and not tcrypt. I can read it ok within windows but when i come to adding it to raddar/sonarr, its there and i can go it to it - but there are a lot of files on it around 60Tb and when i even go 2 folders deep i.e. r:\Plex\Movies it just hangs forever...

Maybe i need a better R: rclone union flags ??? Please help I have spent hours and hours and days on this..

I know ideally i need linux and mergerfs/unionfs, but i have just moved away from linux going back to Windows for other reasons. I have learned recently about windows subsystem linux ? its a weird way to go about it but maybe i should do that and run mergerfs/unionfs in there and then share it back to windows ??

Thanks

Lee

I know you can mount rclone via WSL2 and it does seem to work so I'd imagine you can use mergerfs too. I haven't tested but that might be a way.

I'd personally just run Ubuntu :slight_smile:

Yeah i went linux route a few times but when errors happened i just can't sort them like i can in windows.... but then i loose the mergerfs lol I used plexguide for years.... i believe that uses mergerfs or unionfs one of them..

hello and welcome to the forum

--allow-other does nothing on windows

just hangs does not provide any details?
have you tried to test with a subfolder or a test folder with a small amount of files?

if you want to mount read only and have slow scan speeds, you can prime the mount before scanning.
Google Drive, Plex, Windows 10

My normal mount works fine it’s just the union mount that does that.

My files are always changing though so wouldn’t a prime be pointless ?

Thanks

not too familiar with radarr.

when i need jellyfin to scan my mounted media, i prime first and then the scan finishes much quicker.

Ok I see, is it a command with the start of the mount or separate

this is what i do, might not be exactly what you need.

1. rclone mount wasabicrypt: b:\mount\rclone\wasabicrypt --rc --rc-addr :5572 --rc-no-auth --read-only --dir-cache-time=1000h
  2. rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true
  3. tell jellyfin to scan the mount

This is my main plex mount, any tips would be massive greatful

mount --drive-chunk-size 64M --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 32M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off tcrypt2: P: --config "C:\Program Files\rclone\rclone.conf" --vfs-cache-mode full --cache-dir d:\rclone --vfs-cache-max-age 5m --rc

i am not a user of gdrive and plex but the goto guide is
https://github.com/animosity22/homescripts

i always try to use a little flags as possible and as many defaults as possible.
then if needed, i tweak the settings.

another thing to keep in mind is that i will have one or more mounts pointing to the same remote.
each mount with its own flags.
one mount for streaming.
one mount to uploading/downloading.

i have read many posts, where plex scanning downloads entire files for previews and whatnot.

Yes I was going to do multiple remotes however radarr/sonarr manage all movies and tv shows etc, so i could split tv and movies i guess.

I did manage to get a union almostt exactly how i wanted it, with my gdrive as RO and then any writes went to my local disk, thats what i wanted perfect, but yeah the union wouldn't read properly :-(.

So i guess i need to brush up on the union flags

Hi Chezzy. Why exactly do you need the union? You could have radarr/sonarr import directly to the mounted remote if you allow it to be read/write. To do this, I would use --vfs-cache-mode writes and supply a --cache-dir that is on the same drive as your downloads folder. In this case, the mount will appear to have all files even though some are in your gdrive and some are being uploaded/waiting to upload in the cache directory.

Alternatively, if you want to have a read-only mount for Plex, you could use either two mounts or two unions, one read-only, one not, and point Plex to the read only mount/union.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.