Rclone mount blomp problem

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Uploaded file via the web interface of Blomp is not visible after mounting blomp via rclone.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.57.0
- os/version: debian 11.2
- os/kernel: 5.10.0-10-686-pae (i686)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: 386
- go/version: go1.17.2
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

blomp

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Trying to mount blomp with following systemd unit:

[Unit]
Description=RClone mount storage at blomp.com
Wants=network-online.target
After=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=notify
KillMode=mixed
RestartSec=5

#Set up environment
Environment=RCLONE_CONFIG="/etc/rclone/rclone.conf"
Environment=MOUNT_DIR="/srv/backup/blomp.com"
Environment=RCLONE_TEMP_DIR="/srv/backup/.cache/blomp"

ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount Blomp: "${MOUNT_DIR}" \
-vv \
--config="${RCLONE_CONFIG}" \
--allow-other \
--syslog \
--cache-dir="${RCLONE_TEMP_DIR}" \
--drive-use-trash=false
ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -uz "${MOUNT_DIR}"
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Trying to get some basic information from blomp backend:

rclone --config="/etc/rclone/rclone.conf" about Blomp:

Trying to get directory listing of blomp backend:

rclone --config="/etc/rclone/rclone.conf" lsd Blomp:

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[Blomp]
type = swift
user = email@address
key = password
auth = https://authenticate.blomp.com
tenant = storage
auth_version = 2

Remark: The password in rclone.conf for Blomp: backend is stored in plaintext format, however for all other backends I use it is stored in encrypted format. The configuration was made with the rclone config command.

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Fragment from my /var/log/syslog after mounting via the systemd unit:

Feb  7 23:22:30 myserver systemd[1]: Starting RClone mount storage at blomp.com...
Feb  7 23:22:30 myserver rclone[21457]: 2022/02/07 23:22:30 DEBUG : Setting --config "/etc/rclone/rclone.conf" from environment variable RCLONE_CONFIG="/etc/rclone/rclone.conf"
Feb  7 23:22:30 myserver rclone[21457]: 2022/02/07 23:22:30 DEBUG : Setting --temp-dir "/srv/backup/.cache/blomp" from environment variable RCLONE_TEMP_DIR="/srv/backup/.cache/blomp"
Feb  7 23:22:30 myserver rclone[21457]: rclone: Version "v1.57.0" starting with parameters ["/usr/bin/rclone" "mount" "Blomp:" "/srv/backup/blomp.com" "-vv" "--config=/etc/rclone/rclone.conf" "--allow-other" "--syslog" "--cache-dir=/srv/backup/.cache/blomp" "--drive-use-trash=false"]
Feb  7 23:22:30 myserver rclone[21457]: Creating backend with remote "Blomp:"
Feb  7 23:22:30 myserver rclone[21457]: Using config file from "/etc/rclone/rclone.conf"
Feb  7 23:22:31 myserver rclone[21457]: Swift root: poll-interval is not supported by this remote
Feb  7 23:22:31 myserver rclone[21457]: Swift root: Mounting on "/srv/backup/blomp.com"
Feb  7 23:22:31 myserver rclone[21457]: : Root:
Feb  7 23:22:31 myserver rclone[21457]: : >Root: node=/, err=<nil>
Feb  7 23:22:31 myserver systemd[1]: Started RClone mount storage at blomp.com.

Output of the formerly mentioned command "about"

2022/02/07 23:34:44 Failed to about: About call failed: container listing failed: Operation forbidden

Output of the formerly mentioned command "lsd"

2022/02/07 23:36:46 ERROR : : error listing: container listing failed: Operation forbidden
2022/02/07 23:36:46 Failed to lsd with 2 errors: last error was: container listing failed: Operation forbidden

If you have any idea, please help me. What can be wrong with my setup?

hello,

rclone ls blomp:email@address -vv
DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.57.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "ls" "blomp:email@address" "-vv"]
DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "blomp:email@address"
        1 test/file.txt

I just signed up for a blomp account as it looks interesting. I now understand @asdffdsa comment! You need to put your email address in as the name of the bucket, so

rclone ls blomp:email@example.com

If you don't want to do that, you can make an alias

[blomp-swift]
type = swift
user = email@example.com
key = PASSWORD
auth = https://authenticate.blomp.com
tenant = storage
auth_version = 2
no_chunk = true

[blomp]
type = alias
remote = blomp-swift:email@example.com/

i should have explained my example in more detail,
using the email address as part of the remote is most unusual.

note: the password for the remote needs to be plain-text, obscure does not work.
not sure if that is a bug or what?

Yes it is a bit odd.

Traditionally in swift that is a key which looks like a load of random numbers, rather like the s3 secret access id, so rclone doesn't expect it to be obscured.

I guess we could make a key_obscured easily enough of that was a problem.

--- wacky for any provider to use the account login password for anything.
if the provider does that, what other scary stuff is going on???
--- if key_obscured, then clientid_obscured, secret_obscured, this_obscured, that_obscured
down the rabbit hole we go....
--- imho, that is why we have config encryption

1 Like

Ok, I added in my systemd unit my email-address after Blomp: and it woks! Directory listing with Midnigh Commander looks as expected. I would never guess this by myself, because all other used cloud storages need just the name included in rclone.conf . Thank's a lot!

This trick with the type alias is a very elegant solution: it simplifies a lot when typing commands.
However when I execute the command

df -hT

in the first column ("Filesystem") the following appears:

blomp-swift:email@example.com

The alias is just for simplifying rclone commands? Is there a way to specify the name which appears in the "Filesystem" column? Anyway, for security reasons, I would be happier to hide somehow the email address.

You've mentioned config encryption which sounds great! Is there any documentation how this works and can be performed?

sure,

https://rclone.org/docs/#configuration-encryption

correct.

this works on windows, sure there must be a linux way.
--volname string Set the volume name (supported on Windows and OSX only)

So fortunately on linux this is currently unsupported. Could this later be supported on linux also (feature request:) )

Sorry, I mean unfortunately on linux unsupported.

Thanks, I will consider this.

This doesn't seem like an unreasonable request!

Try this with the --devname parameter.

v1.58.0-beta.5996.f4c40bf79.fix-mount-device-name on branch fix-mount-device-name (uploaded in 15-30 mins)

I have successfully tested the suggested debian 386 package 1.58 beta. The newly intoduced --devname parameter works: I have added the following row in my systemd unit in the starting post

--devname="Blomp:" \

Now when I execute

df -hT

the shortened name Blomp: is displayed in the "Filesystem" column, the email address is not displayed any more!
Nick and asdffdsa, thank your great support! Hoping the final 1.58 version to be released soon!

I've merged --devname to master now which means it will be in the latest beta in 15-30 minutes and released in v1.58

Thanks for testing :slight_smile:

Thank's a lot! Just one more thing related to blomp or swift base backends (?): currently the about command is not supported.

rclone --config=/etc/rclone/rclone.conf -vv about Blomp:
2022/02/11 20:50:07 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.58.0-beta.5996.f4c40bf79.fix-mount-device-name" starting with parameters ["rclone" "--config=/etc/rclone/rclone.conf" "-vv" "about" "Blomp:"]
2022/02/11 20:50:07 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "Blomp:"
2022/02/11 20:50:07 DEBUG : Using config file from "/etc/rclone/rclone.conf"
2022/02/11 20:50:07 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "blomp-swift:email@example.com"
2022/02/11 20:50:08 DEBUG : fs cache: renaming cache item "Blomp:" to be canonical "blomp-swift:email@example.com"
2022/02/11 20:50:08 DEBUG : 4 go routines active
2022/02/11 20:50:08 Failed to about: About call failed: container listing failed: Operation forbidden

The about command does not work with blomp-swift:email@example.com
Is it actually supported by the api of blomp?

Any idea related to my previous question about the rclone about command? (I ask this again to prevent to automatically close the topic today.)

The about command in swift works by listing all the containers - you get bytes used for each container like that.

That is forbidden in blomp as you'd see the names (which are the customers email addresses) of each container.

There might be a swift API where you can read that for one container and if so we should probably be using that if we know the container we are using.

I think HEAD on the container would do it

https://docs.openstack.org/api-ref/object-store/?expanded=show-container-details-and-list-objects-detail

Would you be interested in adding this to rclone? I can talk you through any coding needed?