Rclone Crypt with Cache, can't copy files to Drive?

Hello! I’m currently running with the new common setup of drive -> cache -> crypt, and I’m struggling to upload files with the following command

rclone copy /var/lib/plexmediaserver/.staging/ gcrypt:/ --transfers=3 --checkers=15 --stats=10s -v --filter-from=/var/lib/plexmediaserver/scripts/rclone-filter.txt

This worked fine before the whole cache update and I’ve checked all the permissions and files are in order/correct. The error rclone gives me when trying to copy is

2018/04/05 08:11:46 INFO  : gcache: Cache DB path: /var/lib/plexmediaserver/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db
2018/04/05 08:11:46 INFO  : gcache: Cache chunk path: /var/lib/plexmediaserver/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache
2018/04/05 08:11:47 ERROR : /var/lib/plexmediaserver/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db: Error opening storage cache. Is there another rclone running on the same remote? failed to open a cache connection to "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db": timeout
2018/04/05 08:11:47 INFO  : gcache: Cache DB path: /var/lib/plexmediaserver/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db
2018/04/05 08:11:47 INFO  : gcache: Cache chunk path: /var/lib/plexmediaserver/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache
2018/04/05 08:11:48 ERROR : /var/lib/plexmediaserver/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db: Error opening storage cache. Is there another rclone running on the same remote? failed to open a cache connection to "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db": timeout                                                    2018/04/05 08:11:48 Failed to create file system for "gcrypt:/": failed to make remote "gcache:" to wrap: failed to start cache db: failed to open a cache connection to "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db": timeout

Any idea what’s going wrong? Thanks!
p.s loving the cache update :slight_smile:

Looks like another rclone instance is already using the cache; you can only run one at a time with cache.

Try
ps -ef | grep rclone
to see what running

There is, it’s mounted. Can I not rclone copy files in that case then? How do I move files onto the drive using rclone crypt without writing directly to the mount now then? :frowning:

You would need a duplicate crypt entry in rclone config to both use crypt directly and thru a cached mount.

Your mount would be your excisting setup:
drive -> cache -> crypt

and then for the direct copy do:
drive -> crypt2

4 Likes

I see, will try this now! :smiley: