Prototype for a nicer built-in web GUI

I’ve been trying to use rc and rcd to create an interface to monitor jobs running on a NAS box.

What I haven’t found yet is a way to obtain -P(rogress) like information. Any ideas how to do it?
something like job/progress ???

Tks!

You can use core/stats which should have most things in!

I really missed it. Thanks. I was looking for something related to job/xxxx.

How does it work when more than one job is running (if I understand correctly you could run more than on job, right?).

Tks again!

You’ll get combined stats for all the jobs I think. I’ve not tried it actually!

May I suggest adding a job Id to each of the file being transfered? And setting the job passed on the command line as jobid=0 or 1 (in case the command is no rcd)?

This would make the creation of a API based GUI much simpler and consistent.

Also, is there a way to get info like: total size of the job (in bytes), number of files to be transfered, etc. To display progress information much like -P does?

Many thanks once again.

I’ve written (and updated) a quick and dirty JavaScript (around 300 lines now) that display a sync job running on one of my NAS boxes. It’s a framework, with room for a lot of improvement (specially in formatting), but does the job nicely, specially for long jobs (like initializing a large backup).

Bellow is a snapshot of the simple screen. I do not intend to make a complete GUI to configure rclone or setup/start jobs, but good enough to allow monitoring multiple jobs running on different hosts, with some graphic progress information and allow changing some parameters on the fly (other than bandwidth) for performance tuning (if it works). All files are statick HTML/CSS/JS and can be serverd by rclone, so no backend required.

If anyone is interested, I can upload to github.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind using something like this from a browser behind caddy on my remote vps. It would be nice to have something to monitor jobs that way. And drill to the log (potentially increase verbosity of it on the fly with RC).

That looks very interesting - I would like to see it please :smile:

Will finish some changes (to make it simpler to configure) and will upload to github.

1 Like
1 Like

Hello! I have not made too much progress on this, for two reasons:

• I’m getting married, and wedding planning has been taking all of my time!
  • I’ve been learning vue.js, and contemplating a different implementation, whereby the GUI is purely javascript based, and then we make ajax calls to the existing JSON endpoints which rclone has. This may simplify the work so that the development is purely frontend changes, rather than also changing some of the underlying models and datastructures.

My apologies for the delay here! No ETA on my end, but thought I’d drop in and let you know what is happening with me!

Congratulations!
See you soon for news about your web-based GUI.