Creating a web UI for rclone

Hello All,

I'd like to create a web interface (specifically here I use react) that uses rclone to transfer a user's files from Dropbox/Google Drive/Box to my instance of AWS S3. The way I was thinking about going about that was:

• Getting the access token from the user
  • Sending that token to my Amazon EC2 instance with rclone installed
  • Somehow feeding it to the appropriate remote (Dropbox vs Google Drive...)
  • Running a shell command to sync the user's files to the s3 instance using rclone

My question is: is this the right way to do it? Is this even possible? If so, how do I set the access token for a Dropbox remote ( for example ), with a shell command?

Thank you for all your help!!!

1 Like

Rclone lets you configure it via the API or via command line (or via environment variables or flags), so there are lots of options!

For creating a remote checkout rclone config create. You can do this over the API so you could do it direct from react - see config/create.

1 Like

I was very happy when @gelsas announced creating gui for rclone, but this proyect never was create.

I hope you can create and shared the web gui for rclone

MeeeeeeToooooooo - while not a complete sentence

As well as with Prototype for a nicer built-in web GUI

Looks that GUI initiatives are unlucky... due to marriages, children, farewells or whatever reasons...

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.