Plex scanning takes long

I really don't know if everything is set up correctly or not but plex scanning is super annoying. On the library settings, I only ticked the "Run a partial scan when changes are detected" setting and left both the "Scan my library automatically" and " Scan my library periodically" off. my mount setting is:
"mount/ --allow-other --dir-cache-time 1000h --umask 002 --user-agent animosityapp --vfs-read-chunk-size 32M". A also used mergerfs with these settings "/local:/GD /gmedia -o rw,use_ino,allow_other,func.getattr=newest,category.action=all,category.create=ff,cache.files=auto-full"

plex, radarr and sonarr all points to the local folder and I run the upload script manually. and yeah I'm using a shared google drive space

When you say everything points to your local folder, you mean /gmedia?

What's long?

No I meant /local .. should I point them to /gmedia?

I meant long time to scan

I might not be following as if you have everything pointed to /local, how is rclone coming into play then for scan times?

If im not mistaken it took couple of hours to add new show with 20 seasons

Yeah, I'm not following your setup.

If /local is your local disk and everything is pointed to that, rclone isn't used.

isn't /local is mirroring /gmedia ? or is it the other way around ?

I don't know your setup.

In my setup, /local s a local physical disk.
/GD is a rclone mount
/gmedia is a union of /local and /GD.

Nothing is mirrored.

I did follow your setup
/local thats used to put new downloads in and copy them later using the upload script, u called it (local mirror disk)
/mount is the rclone mount
/gdrive is the union

they'll are located in /home
I know its named differently in the post I just didn't edit them there

So if all your apps are pointing to /local though, the rclone and union mounts are not used.

/local is a local physical disk that is 2 actual physical disks that are mirrored for redundancy.

should I point them to the union instead ?

If your goal is to mirror my setup and have a union of a local disk and a rclone mount, yes.

That still doesn't explain why Plex scanning would be slow though as if you are talking all local disk, something else sounds off.

In my setup, everything points to the union mount.

oh lol I thought it should be the other way around. I'll switch things up and see if it works or not

I was mistaken turned out they'll pointed to the union drive -sonarr,radarr,plex- except one library -the one that made me write this post- which is being scanned now again I'll see how long it'll take

I guess its working normal now? its running on a dedicated server btw

That looks like normal plex scanning to me.

Yeah it is idk why it was supper slow when it was pointing to the local folder. Thanks anyway for your help

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.