Plans to resolve Google Drive 403?

Thanks for the setting, I also use readahead of 200mb, so maybe that’s causing problem ?

I try to use my API and see how it’s goes too.

I suggest using seperate credentials for each operation so its easier to compare/figure this out (you will lose some performance though since you need a lower tps for each one).

I was getting banned on full scan and part scan. I tested with only plex running nothing else.
looking at the api console i was getting no errors for rclone, yet plexdrive got a 403 error but still worked.
what name did you use for the credentials? can not see it but maybe google don’t like the name rclone for a credential

I’m going to make another user and do some testing with that account

You cannot just choose any login for the API, you need to create it at google.
Have a look at https://rclone.org/drive/

Yes i know you can create 10 projects and in there make the credentials you need.
I’m just thinking my rclone credential is named rclone, not the client_id
maybe google are being more strict on rclone

Okay sry misunderstood you. My project name is just drive, and I’m using credential names for the programs/functions.

When i get my plex folder cloned on a test account i will do some more testing
its strange that plexdrive does more requests then rclone and does not get banned

Hmm, got a ban. Very strange, something else we are not seeing has to be at play.
Been running the drive a lot harder earlier the last 24 hours, but suddenly out of nowhere a ban now.

which version of plexdrive?
with 4.0 scans were/are the fastest i have ever seen…in 6 months of experimenting with mounts…

There are issues with all the PD versions as far I’ve tested, I’ve yet to see one work 100%:
4: Does not clean up the chunk files, best version as I see it since this can be fixed by making manual cleanup script
5: Depending on version either uses all memory, CPU or breaks clunk download/cleanup in the middle of a file.
I’ve tried reporting these issue but the devs dont care, they just close the issues without any response, so I’ve given up reporting them and the product as a whole.

Try the latest v5 beta (it released today) and it’s working great, don’t use chunk files anymore and it’s ram only.

How stable is it? Heard that v5 so far has been very buggy

1. You said you heard which mean long time ago
  2. I said it’s released in past day
  3. If you follow slack channel of the app, you will see everyone is happy with it.
  1. Heard doesn’t necessarily mean a long time ago. It’s just the past tense of hear. If I heard something this morning, and I said I heard it - it doesn’t mean it was over 2 weeks ago.

2. It being released in the past day doesn’t mean it’s not buggy either. There’s been numerous updates to v5, do you assume one update patches all bugs?

3. I’m not in the slack channel of the app. As to why I asked here, specifically to someone who had used it. Why would I need to ask if I was in the slack channel?

Could of just said “yeah it’s running pretty decent” instead of trying to be condescending.

This condescending tone seems to be the core of the PlexDrive project, I for one is not going back. Danial take notes on how Nick threats his users and you might get a better community instead of the slack echo chamber.

1 Like

It fix most of the problem and it tasted internally with other user before it get released, but when you can test something yourself, why you asking or hearing from the people ?!

I don’t know about you, but some of the bugs that been report there was because it’s been report on beta version or duplicate and he was closing them so other don’t get confusion.
The best way to follow the flow of it the slack channel

I’ve said my piece here and on git.This is the rclone forum so I’ll end the discussion here. Good luck with you project.

So aj, what I’ve been doing has been working great so far. It’s using rclone and plex drive and I have had 0 bans in the last 15 days, meanwhile uploaded 20TB of data and having about 10-20 streams play at a time.

For plex, I use PlexDrive 4.0, a main release. It has 0 problems. Have not had to reboot the server in the last 15 days. Anyways, plex works great with that.

For Sonnar and Raddar, they both do great. Just turn [Analyze Video] off. What I do is I have them point to the RCLONE mount. They both scan like they normally do and 0 bans. So it’s kind of a split thing, but works flawlessly. The data uploads to the google drive fine also. Plus I started using containers to make reboots and everything else less of a headache. 2 SAB containers, one for sonarrand for radarr.