Plans to resolve Google Drive 403?

Does rclone use Drive API v2 or v3?

If it’s v2, could that be the cause of the 403s? PlexDrive is using v3, and so is Google Drive OCAML Fuse; perhaps that’s why no one is seeing bans with those.

That’s not completely true, PlexDrive started using APIv3 from Version3 and I was using V2.1.0 without any problem and no ban, which that one was based on APIv2

Sure, just throwing ideas in the mix. Did PlexDrive v2 have caching?

Yes. It was caching the whole thing and changes in one file

tl;dr
Pointing Plex directly at my rclone mount vs overlayfs directory caused a bunch of bans for me, switching it back to overlayfs seems to have fixed it (for me).

I’ve been running Rclone + overlayfs + Plex + ACD for months now without Plexdrive or anything else in the stack. The only ban I got was during my initial library scan.

I’m in the process of setting up a new stack using a new ACD account on a new VPS and I kept getting banned even without Plex transcoding, analyzing, or anything.

I checked the configs for everything to see what was different between my original account and this new one - turns out that on the new stack I’d accidentally pointed plex directly at the rclone mount instead of the overlayfs.

I changed it to point at the overlayfs directory instead and it’s now been nearly 24 hours without a ban (even with scanning in new media, transcoding, and streaming). So, I’m not sure if it’s true for everyone, but this one change seems to have made a huge difference for me. I’ll update this post if something changes.

I’m not sure if this is directly relevant for others but I wanted to share my experience just in case.

What filesystems do you have in the OverlayFS mount? What is your mount command? Is the rclone mount the first filesystem? Is it writeable?

My whole setup is here (except for some reverse proxy nginx stuff I haven’t merged yet): https://github.com/chrisanthropic/PlexInTheCloud

Here’s my mount script:

#!/bin/bash
rclone mount \
    --read-only \
    --allow-other \
    --allow-non-empty \
    --dir-cache-time 1m \
    --acd-templink-threshold 0\
    --stats 1s \
    acd:acd/ /home/me/SHARED/ &
sleep 3s
unionfs-fuse -o cow,allow_other,direct_io,auto_cache,sync_read /home/me/LOCAL=RW:/home/me/SHARED=RO /home/me/ALL

That looks really interesting.

How does the caching work with unionfs-fuse - I can’t find auto_cache in the manpage nor any writeup of how it does caching.

You could link your PlexInTheCloud page from there too if you from the third party integrations page if you wanted - it looks useful.

I honestly forgot where I picked up the auto_cache recommendation (either here or reddit). I should keep better notes on that.

Here’s what I can find about that option for fuse in general:

auto_cache
              This  option  enables  automatic  flushing  of the data cache on
              open(2). The cache will only be flushed if the modification time
              or the size of the file has changed.

Taken from here: http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man8/mount.fuse.8.html

I’ve been doing a bunch of refactoring and updates to the PlexInTheCloud project but it’s been working for me for about 6 months without issues other than the ACD thing that forced me to migrate over to Gdrive. I’ll add it to the integrations page now, thanks.

does this mean you still running ACD with PlexInTheCloud?

Nope, I switched to Google Drive once ACD stopped offering unlimited and I’ve been fine ever since.

Oh boy… i got banned again with --tpslimit --tpslimit-burst
Sorry, but why is it so tricky to implement the PlexDrive-Logik to stop that GDrive ban ?! :frowning:
Can’t figure why PlexDrive isn’t working for me, so please implement such function :confused:
donating instantly as soon as this is working

Why PlexDrive is not working for you?

don’t know… tried the tutorial for encrypted drives… but both mnt/media and mnt/plexdrive are empty

Joint the Slack channel and I’ve seen a lot of people there have encryption too and using it, ask them and they will help you out.

The totutial is outdated so that might not work.

okay, thanks
Hm… Maybe one of them should rewrite the tutorial? Its nice to have people helping on slack, but first, i don’t even have slack… and second, that won’t help any other.
why the heck is there an outdated tutorial wasting peoples time? :frowning:
can someone PLEASE rewrite that ?!

oh boy, i hope ncw is going to finally implement the plexdrive functions so there is no need for it anymore :confused:

Because it’s not easy to read the whole thread, have we found out what are the optimal values for --tpslimit and --bwlimit so you won’t get banned from GDrive?

Ok I tested that rclone --bwlimit 8.5M --tpslimit 1 --low-level-retries 20 copy runs non-stop for days.

I don’t think anyone found any optimal values using this technique. I tested it for a few days but got banned each time. I gave up and switched back to PlexDrive. I still use rclone to upload and manage my files, but Plex is strictly pointed at a PlexDrive mount only.

You are talking about different issue, for mount you need to wait for this to be implemented