Non Gdrive for backup

Yes, once you transition to a paid plan with 3 users you will get 'unlimited' storage. Since trial is limited to 5TB, the only way around it is to increase your trial license count. You just need to make sure you reduce the license count to 3 the day before your trail ends, or you will be charged.

so it will be €15 times 3, so €45 correct?

Thats correct and at least 3 users are needed.

15E is price per user if billed on yearly basis, 18E is monthly per user on monthly billing. Plus add VAT to that if you are EU based.

Does anyone know if Dropbox have daily upload limit or any other limits worth mentioning in case of migration from gdirve to dropbox like api hits or anything that is important. Thank you

Does anyone know if Dropbox have daily upload limit or any other limits worth mentioning in case of migration from gdirve to dropbox like api hits or anything that is important. Thank you

Not any limits that's I've found. I migrated 27T of data from gdrive to DropBox over the course of 4 days. My billing page shows this - there is a limit to API calls, but even after 9 days of use and transferring my data, it shows 0 used out of a billion.

@jad3675 Thank you for this information. You are not hiting any limits on gdrive side ? 27 TB in 4 days :slight_smile: thats really good, you copying directly from GD to DB ? Gdrive had 10 TB download limit per day if i remember correctly. I have encrypted content so thats one obstacle more for me.

Yep, direct from GD to DB (rclone copy -P --transfers 16 gdrypt: dcrypt:) - I used a cheap unlimited bandwidth VPS and was seeing was 53 MBytes/s on the transfers.

How well does Dropbox work with streaming, plex/kodi ?

@Harry What storage is that for 200$ ? I m looking for alternatives to gdrive any info is appreciated.

Which provider is that?
Open for any tips/suggestions.

@Harry: On which do you use?

@Burke: Nah, I have copied 80TB in 3-4 days from gdrive to dropbox.

gdrive API limit for downloads is 10TB per day isn't it?

not only that, i though the download is limited to 750GB per day per user
I am personally surprised

i need to say, i have used 4 user in parrallel and i had 500mb/s averge upload/download totally with 2 vps

• You get 1 billion API requests a day
  • You can make up to 1,000 API requests per 100 seconds (10 a second)
  • You can have a total of 10,000 API requests total per 100 seconds (100 a second)
  • You can download 10TB per day.
  • You can upload 750GB per day

This is interesting and I thinking of moving to dropbox, @tokyodrift when you moved from gdrive to dropbox did you encrypt your files? Taking a look at this and it worries me a little - https://medium.com/productivity-in-the-cloud/what-happens-when-you-share-copyrighted-stuff-on-dropbox-5e7e0f44b3df

hi,
if you have a crypt remote on gdrive, you can move it to dropbox, no need to decrypt and re-encrypt.
you can move the crypted files from gdrive to dropbox.

Check @asdffdsa answer for crypt. Anway, as long you dont share the file either on google drive or dropbox or anywere else, you should not loose your files (with no guarantee :slight_smile:, thats what i heard from other people)

My files aren't encrypted on gdrive, would it be worth it encrypt them for the move to dropbox?