New Install - 1.58, can't authorize against Google Drive

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Can't connect to GoogleDrive

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

  • os/version: ubuntu 21.10 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 5.13.0-35-generic (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.17.8
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

Are you on the latest version of rclone? You can validate by checking the version listed here: Rclone downloads
--> Yes, Beta

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone config

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

No config created yet. Fresh install

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

I've got a new Hetzner server that I'm moving my Plex setup over to. I've installed 1.58 beta due to the oAuth problem.

I've got two sets of secret keys, one for a desktop app and one for a web app, with as the redirect url.

The Hetzner server is running headless, and I have the same beta software running on my Windows 11 laptop.
I get the prompt where it tells me to run the rclone authorize command against my laptop with a browser, and it gets to "Waiting for code"

I choose and account, click next, then "Simething went wrong" Sorry, something went wrong there, try again.

  1. That's an error
    The server cannot process the request because it is malformed
    It should not be retried
    That's all we know.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Not an expert in this, but perhaps this solves your issue (note the tip about the docs):

Hadn't seen that, I'll have a look through and report back.

I'm just in the process of uploading the 1.58 release which fixes this :slight_smile:


Thanks Nick.

I removed the old beta, re-installed the new release and created the drive again with web app credentials.
It still didn't want to play ball, so I ended up creating the rclone mount on my windows PC to make the conf file, and lifted the token, ID and Secret out of there.

I'm not quite following as you can share the full info on what you did, rclone version etc.

The client ID/secret are only for the API use and not related to the oAuth process. You can remove that or add it as it really doesn't matter.

The oAuth part connects rclone to your Google Account and that's what was broken/fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.