I am running various apps as docker compose services on an Ubuntu 22.04 machine. I'm running rclone on the host machine, not in a container. Sabnzbd is downloading into the rclone mount, which is using full VFS caching and a write-back of 1 hour, with the intention that Sonarr and Radarr are then able to instantly import files via hardlinking and deleting the old link. All this worked perfectly fine, but then I ran into an issue with Plex, where seeking would sometimes result in an "unknown error." One of the troubleshooting steps I did was checking whether rclone was up to date, and it turned out that the apt package was outdated. Something like version 1.51, can't remember exactly, while the latest version reported by
rclone version --check was 1.61.1.
So I removed the apt package and installed via the install script from the docs. After this update I started running into the issues that this thread is about:
When sab has finished downloading something, and Sonarr/Radarr is about to import it, they both report "Unable to determine if file is a sample." At the same time, rclone logs that it was unable to get the file size of the file:
Jan 12 20:28:12 Uranium rclone: ERROR : usenet/complete/tv/< FILENAME >.mkv(0xc002716900): Couldn't read size of file
ls -l the file from the host, it reports being 0 bytes. Same thing if I
ls -l inside any of the containers, Sonarr, Radarr or Sabnzbd. If I
ls -l the file inside the vfs cache directory, it has the correct filesize.
If I wait for the 1 hour to pass, the file has the correct size.
If I stop my docker containers and start them again, the file is still 0 bytes.
If I stop the containers, unmount and remount rclone, the file has the correct size.
I run each compose service as its own user, all of them with a shared group. They all run with umask
002, same as the rclone systemd service, which also runs as its own user and the shared group.
If I remove rclone and install the apt package again, the issue is resolved. I don't consider that a solution though.
rclone v1.61.1 - os/version: ubuntu 22.04 (64 bit) - os/kernel: 5.15.0-57-generic (x86_64) - os/type: linux - os/arch: amd64 - go/version: go1.19.4 - go/linking: static - go/tags: none
Running rclone as a systemd service with the following ExecStart:
/usr/bin/rclone mount crypt:data /mnt/dukemedia/data/ --allow-other --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-write-back 1h --vfs-cache-max-size 750G --umask 002 --uid 13003 --gid 13000 --dir-perms 0775 --file-perms 664 --log-systemd --log-level DEBUG
[gdrive] type = drive client_id = < REDACTED > client_secret = < REDACTED > scope = drive token = < REDACTED > team_drive = [crypt] type = crypt remote = gdrive:rclone password = < REDACTED > password2 = < REDACTED >
This is a long log, but yeah... here you go.