Mount point / folder disappears ..!

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Not a geek so using layman language...
I have several Gdrive remotes in Rclone.. When i try to mount any remote to a folder in C drive, it shows me a mount folder and i can access my drive files through that mount.. but as soon as i close the Command Prompt the mount folder just disappears!! I worked it around by opening 02 Admin Cmd Prompt windows.. Mounted gdrive remote using one Cmd and before closing it i would use 2nd Cmd prompt and using Nssm.exe start a service for same mount folder.. By doing this the mount folder would not disappear even after restarting the PC.. Well, its not working anymore and the mount folder disappers .. even if it stays it eventually becomes inaccessible after couple of days with this error [Error code: s1003 (Network)] ..

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.61.1

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.19044.2486 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.19.4
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount gdrive: C:\RCMounts\gdrive\mount

hello and welcome to the forum,

---- where exactly do you see that message, in the rclone debug log or what?
--- do you have a rclone debug log, taken at the time of that error.

a quick internet search, that errors might have something to do with plex or media server?
so, what are you using the mount for, plex or what?

the redacted config file was not posted, so not sure that you created a client_id for gdrive?

Thanks.. Yes i am using the the mount for Jellyfin and or Plex..

I did not take the debug file at the time of error.. instead had to remount the remotes once again..

yes i did create a client_id of my own and using it..

when i try to open the mount folder then this error appears after a long paragraph witha heading "Location is not available" ..

trying to understand, what triggers the error?

please post the entire long paragraph, a screen snippet is ok.

open the mount folder, how?
using file manager, command line, plex or what?

--- what does it take to get the mount to work again?
do you have to reboot or can you restart the rclone mount without rebooting?

and when the mount dies, does the computer work otherwise, can access the internet, etc?

I will have to wait for at least a day before the mount folder stops working and the error shows again..

Plex just stops reading the folder without an error.. the error message is shown while accessing the folder using file manager..

Following these cumbersome steps:

1. Delete service from regedit
  2. Delete 'mount' shortcut from folder using file manager
  3. Restart PC
  4. Mount remote to folder
  5. Use nssm to start service

And it becomes accessible again..

To be honest i am more concerned as to why the mount folder just disappears soon as i close the Cmd prompt .. on my way back home.. will post the screen shots as well..

might try using windows task secheduler, which is what use most often.
have a nice GUI, no need to regedit, no need to reboot.

strange that you have to reboot, as should be able to kill rclone.exe from task manager.

with most commands such as dir, that command runs once inside the command prompt.
with rclone mount, that command continues to run. as long as you want to access the mount, the rclone mount command has to run. so if you close the command prompt, you kill the rclone mount command.

as workarounds, might try one of these.

• add to your rclone mount command
    --no-console Hide console window (supported on Windows only)
  • use windows task scheduler
  • nssm

Alright, will try it and provide feedback..

This did not work for me. However, it turns out i was using wrong folder name in Nssm which was causing the trouble.. 1st problem of mountpoint disappearing is fixed.. now i will see if the mountpoint becomes inaccessible any time in future..

Thanks for your help .. :slightly_smiling_face: :metal:

if that does happen again, before rebooting, might update this topic.
We can ask some questions, try to narrow down the issue.

Sure thing.. will certainly update here ..

Hi, it happened again this morning, the Error is back...

Another mountpoint that i created yesterday is working, but all the mountpoints created day before yesterday are ending up with this error..

The service is showing as

running just fine and i have even restarted the service but no joy..