Mount Google Drive and sync with SyncThing

I need two way sync with my nas and Google Drive so I thought about mounting it as local drive and sync it with SyncThing. What do you think about this solution?

there is a rclone bisync tool by fellow rcloner @jwink3101
Beta Testers Wanted: New bi-directional rclone wrapper

bisync at github
rclone bisync by ivandeex · Pull Request #5164 · rclone/rclone · GitHub

tho rclone mount and syncthing should work.
try that on a set of test folders and let us know what happens.

Thanks for the shoutout. That’s my older tool that I shoehorned rclone to fit.

Check out GitHub - Jwink3101/syncrclone: Python-based bi-direction sync tool for rclone for a newer and way better one!

Edit: geez. I didn’t even read my own post. You did link to the right thing. Sorry

I tried the rclone mount way buy there is something wrong in my docker compose. In the web-gui I see my Google Drive files while in the machine the folder is created but it is empty. Can you take a look at my yaml please?

version: "3.9"
services:
  rclone:
    image: rclone/rclone:latest
    container_name: rclone
    cap_add:
      - SYS_ADMIN
    devices:
      - /dev/fuse
    security_opt:
      - apparmor:unconfined
    command: rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-addr :5572 --rc-user admin --rc-pass XXXXXX
    ports:
      - 5572:5572
    volumes:
      - /var/lib/docker/rclone/data:/data
      - /var/lib/docker/rclone/config:/config
      - /var/lib/docker/rclone/logs:/logs
      - /etc/passwd:/etc/passwd:ro
      - /etc/group:/etc/group:ro
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e5e42561-9284-4395-b474-0d965f248de3/Nas/gdrive:/gdrive
    environment:
      - PHP_TZ=Europe/Rome
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=100
    restart: unless-stopped

have you seen https://rclone.org/docker/

You don't need docker compose or docker plugin.
They introduce bind mount propagation between containers and host tricks hurting you here.
Their complexity is unwarranted in your case.
rclone is a static binary without dependencies - install (unpack) it directly on host according to Install
Prepare a config, run rclone mount directly, and play with SyncThing.
Use saved time for something pleasant.

I agree with you indeed the first time I installed normally and I was able to see my Gdrive files inside Openmediavault but I have permission issue with SMB and with Syncthing so I decided to try the Docker way.

Now with Docker I have the opposite problem: I can see files inside Docker but not in the outside folder. I really don't understand what's wrong with my compose.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.