Is there an IRC channel for rclone

Was wondering if there was an irc channel for rclone. If not should we start one up on freenode ? :smiley:

I was thinking of setting up a Slack for rclone - is that of interest?

2 Likes

Good idea. Just started using Slack. Tempted to look at making an app to add request via Slack to sonarr or radarr.

that would be great +1 from me

Would definitely be interested in an IRC channel

Slack is IRC for those who moved it 21st century :wink:

p.s. It would be great if your Slack channel could include Plex/Kodi channel as well.

Slack, simpliy because of the asynchronous nature vs. IRC.

big thumbs up for Slack!!

I have made a slack channelā€¦

Here is an invite for anyone who would like to join.

Iā€™ve not used slack much so hopefully I did it correctly!

Got an updated invite for slack, that one has expired.

Iā€™ll set up a bot to do invites for slack eventually, but in the mean time if anyone wants an invite, email from the email address that they want the invite and Iā€™ll add them. nick@craig-wood.com subject ā€œrclone slack invite requestā€.

Or anyone on slack already can do this.

1 Like

Anyone got an invite for me? PM me if you can thanks.

PM your email and Iā€™ll send ya invite.

Hello folks,

About Slack being the ā€œ21st century IRCā€: it may be me becoming old, but I think many of the late 20th century things were great improvements not only on what came before, but also on what came after, at least until now :wink: And from the ā€œ21st century stuffā€ Iā€™ve seen so far, IRC is on that categoryā€¦ :slight_smile:

Seriously, I didnā€™t know Slack, just had a look and it seems very much like Telegram, which I installed here to talk with some old friends from the BBS age; they seem to think Telegram is the catā€™s meow (which I beg to differ).

As Iā€™ve only now seen this thread and the rclone Slack channel seems to be a done deed, I would only like to point (for those that will eventually cringe at having another client app installed, or another browser window open on a dynamic, memory leaking ā€œweb appā€), that IRC, with its instant, synchronous nature, would complement this rclone Forum (on its stored, searchable, self-hosted, and asynchronous aspects) much better than (IMHO) something like Slack.

Anyway, as it seems resistance is futile, Iā€™m getting ready to be assimilated and just sent Nick a request for an inviteā€¦ :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Durval.

4 Likes

Nicely said :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: extra smilies due to word character limit :slight_smile:

shoot me a pm with email if you still donā€™t have invite. I can invite you.

Hi bobbybuildy,

shoot me a pm with email if you still donā€™t have invite. I can invite you.

Thanks for the offer! PM sent.

Cheers,

Durval.

Can someone invite me please? Its my username @ gmail.com

@Dimtar

doneā€¦

could i also get a invite please saitoh183@gmail.com