Is there a way to roughly calculate # of API calls rclone will make with a sync operation?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Some backends, like BackBlaze, charge for certain API calls.

Is there a way to determine how many API calls of a certain type rclone will make? More specifically, I am trying to determine how many type C API calls rclone will make for BackBlaze as rclone does a sync of my 1.5 TB of data to an encrypted BackBlaze B2 bucket (this is BackBlaze encrypted bucket, not crypt).

Note: I saw 1.37 using alot of Class C API calls on Backblaze B2 but it doesn't answer my question and is closed so I can't comment.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

BackBlaze B2

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync ... ....

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

N/A

A log from the command with the -vv flag

N/A

How many API calls depends very much on your flags to rclone which you haven't posted.

If you want to reduce class-C operations, use --fast-list - the class C operations are directory listings mostly.

Rclone will use one class C operation per directory without --fast-list and with --fast-list it is one per 1000 files.

1 Like

Ah. I see. So it's not about how big the files are, but rather how many files/folders. Got it.

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.