Is it possible to mount the trash folder on Jottacloud?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Is it be possible to also mount the trash folder when mounting Jottacloud with rclone?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.50.1

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.4

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10, 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Jottacloud

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount Jottacrypt:/ L: --allow-other --tpslimit 60 --tpslimit-burst 60 --vfs-cache-mode writes --transfers=60 --cache-chunk-total-size 100G --size-only -v --cache-dir S:\

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Not relevant

I'm not sure - can you see the trashed files in one of the mountpoints?

1 Like

I don't see the trash folder or any of the files from the trash folder in my mounted volume. There are many files in the trash folder when I look inside it on jottacloud.com.

If it's not possible to do this by using a specific setup or command parameter, could it be added as a feature to a future version of rclone?

The problem with Jotta is that they have extremely limited documentation for their API.
Basically (from what I gather) they don't really publish it - and you have to piece it together from random tips from the devs in forum posts and investigation by users.

Being a Norwegian myself I requested their assistance in providing clearer documentation for rclone implementation but they basically ignored this request with a superficial answer. Seems they are not really aware of the potential of this project and the impact it might have on their own success - that's a shame...

If you can manage to wrangle API details from them it can surely be implemented - but until then I fear development of new feature on Jotta may be slow...

@ncw Feel free to correct me on this if you have better info. I don't think I have talked to you about this in any detail.

I've actually had very little to do with the Jottacloud backend it has been @buengese who has been deciphering the API

The Trash folder doesn't actually exist in any meaningful way for the api. If a file is trashed it's simply marked as deleted but stays in it's original place. Currently we just ignore those files. (At least that's how it was the last time I checked Jottacloud can change quite a bit over time). I haven't checked if there is a recover endpoint or if the normal endpoints work for deleted files but if they do we could probably add a command line parameter to show deleted files.

What @thestigma said is 100% true the only semi official documentation is single forum post in their forum that is pretty outdated by now. They've told me multiple times there will be an official api at some point in the future but so far nothing has happened.

That is pretty much what google drive does. So we could potentially make a flag like --drive-trashed-only which only shows files with the trashed bit set, but does show all directories.

In the old api there was a special end point /Trash (as well as /Links) at mount point level. It would list all trashed files/folders, but was probably some kind of filtered view and could not be used like a regular mountpoint or folder with copy, move etc.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.