Internet archive via rclone

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Trying to upload to internet archive via my personal access credentials. While uploading , let's say a pdf , the file gets uploaded but when I check it on internet archive , the file is not there, instead .xml exists there.

While if I manually upload via their website , it's uploaded as a pdf. I am for sure missing something here. I'm using android rclone client (unofficial), therefore I cannot pass flags while uploading.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.65.2-termux

  • os/version: unknown
  • os/kernel: 4.19.152-perf+ (aarch64)
  • os/type: android
  • os/arch: arm64 (ARMv8 compatible)
  • go/version: go1.21.6
  • go/linking: dynamic
  • go/tags: noselfupdate

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Internet archive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy /sdcard/ia/ia1.apk ia: -vv

Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.

[archive]
type = internetarchive 
provider = Other
access_key_id = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
secret_access_key = xxxxxxxxxxxx
 

A log from the command that you were trying to run with the -vv flag

2024/01/27 21:29:45 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.65.2-termux" starting with parameters ["rclone" "copy" "/sdcard/ia/ia1.apk" "ia:" "-vv"]
2024/01/27 21:29:45 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "/sdcard/ia/ia1.apk"
2024/01/27 21:29:45 DEBUG : Using config file from "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2024/01/27 21:29:45 DEBUG : fs cache: adding new entry for parent of "/sdcard/ia/ia1.apk", "/sdcard/ia"
2024/01/27 21:29:45 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "ia:"
2024/01/27 21:29:50 DEBUG : ia1.apk: Need to transfer - File not found at Destination

2024/01/27 21:30:33 DEBUG : ia1.apk: Dst hash empty - aborting Src hash check
2024/01/27 21:30:33 INFO  : ia1.apk: Copied (new)
2024/01/27 21:30:33 INFO  :
Transferred:       26.826 MiB / 26.826 MiB, 100%, 467.120 KiB/s, ETA 0s
Transferred:            1 / 1, 100%
Elapsed time:        48.0s

2024/01/27 21:30:33 DEBUG : 7 go routines active
https://archive.org/details/ia1.apk```

Possible error : Files uploaded via rclone does not look to have correct mediatype. I've tried using --metadata-set mediatype=movies for a video file. And still it uploads with mediatype=data.

Try the same using "official" rclone from your laptop for example as obviously using this android client there is not much you can do. It will also allow to capture DEBUG log which might reveal what is going on.

I've used termux to use rclone on my android. I've updated few things.
Thanks

if you fixed it please share what you did. Can be useful for others.

The issue hasn't been fixed yet. I've just fixed the things about the forum through which it is will more clausible

I think I've found something similar to my case.

This one here also states that the files after getting copied lose their metadata.
I think @ncw could take a look and tell if this is the case here too.

Found the issue. It shouldn't even be a issue. But idk

Instead of
rclone copy /sdcard/ia/testfile.pdf remote:

You must
rclone copy /sdcard/ia/testfile.pdf remote:testfile.pdf

Although I couldn't help through setting metadata , maybe i dont know how to oeprate it correctly.

I think the problem is that you are missing the bucket name, so your first should be

rclone copy /sdcard/ia/testfile.pdf remote:bucket

And in your second, you've created a bucket called testfile.pdf which you've put your file in.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.