How do I copy files from public Gdrive links to my Gdrive account?

Hello!

First of all, I apologize if someone can't understand something, I'm using the Google translator. I'm brazilian.

I learned how to use rclone to copy files from Gdrive to Gdrive. However, I would like to know if there are any commands to copy files from public Gdrive links to my own Gdrive.

But I don't know if there is any command to copy public files via a link.

Example: I want to copy this file ↓ to my drive, using Rclone. But I don't know if there is any command for rclone to copy the file using a link.

I read a few things here, but I don't quite understand if this is possible.

There is a website that I can do this for. However, I need to connect my google account to it, to give access to the rclone that is in it. But I would like to do this via command, straight from my computer. So I don't need to connect my account to a website that I don't know.

Taking advantage, I would like to know if there is the possibility to copy files shared with me using Rclone. I have some public files that are shared with me, but I have no idea if there is a possibility to copy them using rclone.

Something like this

rclone -P backend copyid drive: 1tLBl3rO-kvtDPPXBGomhU2DBGDkLouuc /tmp/

From the docs:

copyid

Copy files by ID

rclone backend copyid remote: [options] [<arguments>+]

This command copies files by ID

Usage:

rclone backend copyid drive: ID path
rclone backend copyid drive: ID1 path1 ID2 path2

It copies the drive file with ID given to the path (an rclone path which
will be passed internally to rclone copyto). The ID and path pairs can be
repeated.

The path should end with a / to indicate copy the file as named to
this directory. If it doesn't end with a / then the last path
component will be used as the file name.

If the destination is a drive backend then server-side copying will be
attempted if possible.

Use the -i flag to see what would be copied before copying.

2 Likes

I'm sorry for the late reply.

Any command I try to use, to copy, returns this message to me: "Failed to backend: didn't find section in config file"

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Commands used:

Where is "123456" I put the folder ID to where I want to copy the files from the folder with ID1. I have no idea if this is so. I tried several things, but always the same result.

"rclone -i backend copyid drive: ID 1tLBl3rO-kvtDPPXBGomhU2DBGDkLouuc ID2 123456"

"rclone -P backend copyid drive: ID1 1tLBl3rO-kvtDPPXBGomhU2DBGDkLouuc ID2 123456"

"rclone -i backend copyid drive: ID 1tLBl3rO-kvtDPPXBGomhU2DBGDkLouuc /path/to/dir/drive/"

I did according to what I understood. Sorry if I did something wrong, I’m new to this business, and I don’t understand anything about code. I've been watching tutorials on the internet, but nothing satisfactory

I also tried a public folder with several other folders inside. But without success..

i think that you need to replace drive: with the name of a remote from the rclone config file.
rclone listremotes will list all the remotes in the config flie.

I already did, but the error returns: Failed to backend: command "copyid" failed: command not found

to understand what is going on, run the commands with debug output using -vv and post the output.

DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.53.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-i" "backend" "copyid" "drive:" "ID1" "1tLBl3rO-kvtDPPXBGomhU2DBGDkLouuc" "ID2" "123456" "-vv"]
2020/12/16 21:44:02 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\Users\Uchiha\.config\rclone\rclone.conf"
2020/12/16 21:44:02 DEBUG : 2 go routines active
2020/12/16 21:44:02 Failed to backend: didn't find section in config file

i think that you need to replace drive: with the name of a remote from the rclone config file.
can you post the output of rclone listremotes?

c:\rclone>rclone listremotes
KGB:
KGBP:
Marv:

DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.53.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-i" "backend" "copyid" "KGB:" "ID1" "1tLBl3rO-kvtDPPXBGomhU2DBGDkLouuc" "ID2" "123456" "-vv"]
2020/12/16 21:54:06 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\Users\Uchiha\.config\rclone\rclone.conf"
2020/12/16 21:54:06 DEBUG : 2 go routines active
2020/12/16 21:54:06 Failed to backend: command "copyid" failed: command not found

i think that you to use the beta
https://beta.rclone.org/

I'll try. Thanks!

Now the error is this: Error: unknown command "copyid" for "rclone"

beta version: v1.52.0-001-g1cceadaf-beta

that is an old beta of an old version of rclone.

need to use the latest beta.

for example,
rclone-beta-latest-windows-amd64.zip

Failed to backend: didn't find section in config file :sleepy:

You forgot to use KGB: instead of drive: most likely

I tried with another public file, but it didn't work either.

It won't, no way. Any other solution?

Can you run with -vv and share the full output? You can mask anything but please don't post images as they are hard to read.

I'm Sorry.

DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.54.0-beta.4969.5ae5e1dd5" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-i" "backend" "copyid" "KGB:" "ID1" "1tLBl3rO-kvtDPPXBGomhU2DBGDkLouuc" "ID2" "1d5Sefcc_guAzSHzt_YqHG_iHb9ztuvAL" "-vv"]
2020/12/22 13:44:22 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\Users\Uchiha\.config\rclone\rclone.conf"
2020/12/22 13:44:23 DEBUG : 4 go routines active
2020/12/22 13:44:23 Failed to backend: command "copyid" failed: failed copying "ID1" to "1tLBl3rO-kvtDPPXBGomhU2DBGDkLouuc": couldn't find id: googleapi: Error 404: File not found: ID1., notFound

should look like
for one id,

rclone -P backend copyid KGB: 1tLBl3rO-kvtDPPXBGomhU2DBGDkLouuc KGB:folder/ -vv

for more than one id,

rclone -P backend copyid KGB: 1tLBl3rO-kvtDPPXBGomhU2DBGDkLouuc KGB:folder/ 1d5Sefcc_guAzSHzt_YqHG_iHb9ztuvAL /tmp -vv

It worked! :star_struck:

The ncw had mentioned this, but I don't think I paid any attention, and went straight to the other way. Sorry ncw. :frowning:

Can I copy the files using "drive-server-side across" ?

I tried "--drive-server-side-across-configs" but it took about 6min to copy a 1GB file.