Hetzner Issues continue - very slow upload to google drive

Continuing the discussion from 429 google drive errors back for anyone using Hetzner, even with cloudflare or google dns used?:

I started having issues with rclone and Google Drive on my Hetzner box. Any uploads I did would only go @ 700kbps and thats it. The thread here helped me a little by adding the APIs to my hosts brought me up to 4-14Mbps per file which an improvement but not perfect.... Anyone have more input on this? I really like Hetzner and would rather not have to find a new provider

rclone v1.62.2

• os/version: debian 11.7 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 5.10.0-23-amd64 (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.20.2
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

I am not on the latest version. The storage provider is Google Drive. Also to note I am not getting the 403 or 429 errors.

rclone copy -v 1GB.bin gdrive:Videos/queue

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = redacted
client_secret = redacted
scope = drive
team_drive =
token = {"access_token":"redacted>

Log

Have you tried adding the bind flag to bind to the ipv4 address of your hetzner box?

e.g. --bind xx.xx.xx.xx

I ran rclone copy -v --bind [redacted] 1GB.test gdrive:Videos/queue and that brought my speeds up to 16mbps so that did help.... we're progressing in the right direction

edit: I disabled IPv6 from the instructions on this link and that fixed it too.

rclone copy -v redacted.mkv gdrive:Videos/queue
2023/07/30 02:40:21 INFO  : 
Transferred:         1000 MiB / 29.103 GiB, 3%, 17.032 MiB/s, ETA 28m11s
Transferred:            0 / 1, 0%
Elapsed time:       1m1.1s
Transferring:
 * redacted.mkv:  3% /29.103Gi, 17.032Mi/s, 28m11s

Is that speed about normal? Much better then what I was getting but I want to be sure its within spec and expected. I have no BW limit on

From my experience that is what I might expect from a single transfer.

If you try multiple simultaneous transfers you might see similar speeds for each transfer

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.