GSuite is evolving to Workspace, so prices and TBs too

See:

Annual/Fixed-Term Plan - Google Workspace Admin Help

This doesn't look good. If it was really unlimited, it should be showing just that, not "1699%" or whatever over quota...

you have only 1 user on your workspace account ?

Yes, otherwise it would say "x amount of TB of shared x times amount of users TB (%) used", i.e. "of shared 10 TB" with two users. Even with five users it would still say 25 TB, and not unlimited or something similar.

Perhaps a dumb and late question, but what is your conclusion here? My Workspace storage overview shows 291% used but I'm still able to create files and directories. I only have one user (myself) and a Google Workspace Enterprise Standard subscription.
What will happen to the 5Tb limitation and my data that exceeds the limit?

At this time, nobody knows other than Google themselves. And it doesn't look like they've made a final decision yet.

1 Like

and what about your team drives under workspace is also limited to 5TB?

New Workspace Enterprise Standard User here.

It seems that google is enforcing the 5TB Limit now...

I was able to upload 6.3 TB to Gdrive , but now i get this error : googleapi: Error 403: The user's Drive storage quota has been exceeded., storageQuotaExceeded

Can anyone confirm or does someone know if there is a workaround?

Do you know about 750GB upload limit per 24h for one user account?
Maybe you hit that limit?

1 Like

Nope, i cant upload for 3 days i tried multiple service accounts and even via webinterface. None of that works

Still able to upload here (Workspace enterprise, around 150Tb used).

Also still able to upload, around 85tb already.
I asked support a couple of days ago and they were specific in that no limit was going to be enforce to my account, they even told me to use the chat transcript in the future as safeguard if something happens.

In the case that that is true and actually works if something happens, might this mean that only new accounts will be enforced?

Mine was create the very first days when gsuite changed name to workspace.

Maybe don't work to create a panic posting a definitive statement like that ?

Is there a discount or some other incentive for paying annually instead of monthly?

(can't see that in the page you linked, and Workspace Enterprise pricing isn't shown publicly, it only says "Contact Support" which I'd rather not right now as I'm still in early planning).

TIA!

Does Workspace Enterprise have Google Photos? Is Photo storage also unlimited?

TIA!

Looks like it's cheaper for advanced now as it's $24 per user instead of $30. Yes, they shave off a few bucks if you pay yearly rather than monthly. Dropbox is responsive so if you have questions, just ask. I did a trial and tested before I decided to move.

Ah you mean Dropbox, right? I was rather searching for information on Google Workspace. Sorry I didn't make it clearer.

Yes, I use dropbox. Sorry as I thought you were asking about what I was using. I don't use Google anymore.

1 Like

No problem, and thanks for the clarification.

Alas I'm not a client for Dropbox as I also need email and AFAICS Dropbox doesn't offer that.

Double-alas, I tried to create a Google Workspace account to test things directly and could not, it refused both my phone numbers and gave me no alternative.

I think I'm going to keep self-hosting for a while...

For email, not sure how much you need, I just use Cloudflare and forward it to my existing email account I have.

1 Like