GSuite is evolving to Workspace, so prices and TBs too

Well, it' really a pain Google puts on the front page of the subscription plan for entreprise standard "unlimited" but still say in their terms of service :

"Customers that have 5 or more End Users will receive a total amount of Google Drive storage equal to 5TB times the number of End Users, with more storage available at Google's discretion upon reasonable request to Google."

On one hand this is the same thing the current gsuite business says, and you can understand them wanting to be able to put a limit if someone stores a couple of petabytes on their server.

I would just like them to be more clear on their offer. As I see it now, there is a clear disreptancy between the description of the service and the terms of service.

Not sure if I should upgrade or not ah !

I still have a grandfathered 10 years old free GSuite account for up to 50 users...
So as long as i don't receive a notification forcing me to upgrade, i will keep my current unlimited Gsuite account ...

Hi fellas!
Google deleted "my" ebay buyed Gsuite. I lost about 10TB but I don't care (maybe little bit crying only :joy:). But I see now Dropbox offers 15€/month unlimited storage. And I see rclone supports it. So my question is somebody can tell me who using it that Dropbox is reliable with encrypted rclone mount? I mean they not going to delete the files? Or somebody have better offer/suggestion? Thx!

Ohh Jesus. Min. 3 users so it's 45€/month :frowning: any better?

Nope, unless you go in with some friends to lower the cost. I've been trying out DB as a gdrive replacement and so far I've been happy with the performance. The cost? Well to build a NAS I'd be looking at around $3500, not to mention the electric bill. $720/year for DB is cheap compared to that.

John

Hey is there any way you could give me some tips on how to set up db mount for streaming? I use emby, and it is not working. I tested a few different options for mount.

Hey is there any way you could give me some tips on how to set up db mount for streaming? I use emby, and it is not working. I tested a few different options for mount.

Nothing Fancy. Same mount I use for gdrive. What is emby doing?
/usr/bin/rclone mount dcrypt: /mnt/media --config /root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 150G --vfs-cache-max-age 168h --cache-dir /home/rclone/vfs_cache --dir-cache-time 24000h --log-level INFO --log-file /var/log/drop_rclone.log --umask 002 --allow-other --rc --rc-no-auth --rc-addr 0.0.0.0:572

I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Emby just spins when trying to play, then nothing.

Google team drives will remain "unlimited" right, with its special restrictions.. ?

I have over 50 TB of encrypted stuff on multiple team drives..
I dont want to this data them if possible..
Would love to know, if somebody has some answers perhaps for me.. ?

So far I cannot found any info about this by google.

Thanks in advance,

Google sent an email a couple days ago about changes it will implement to photos and some other storage space THAT IS NOT RELATED to gsuite etc.

This is just to illustrate how they are proceeding with any changes when it comes to user data, this is not a policy but me trying to illustrate why you should not worry about possible data loss and go into panic mode right now.

In their mail unrelated to gsuite, they clearly state 2 things about how they will procedd with users exceeding their data storage :
1 - if the account has been inactive for 2 years
2 - OR if the account has been over data storage allowance for 2 years

THEN after these 2 years they will remove the data.

What to learn from this ?
Do not panic, wait and see the changes that will happen and what solutions will exist withing google or somewhere else then.
They will not simply delete your data from one day to the next.

2 Likes

ok thanks for your message.
Luckily they will just hopefully then not simply delete my data :slight_smile:

I think if anything they would block uploads until you get the size under control.

very worrying, my 12$ per user g suite business plan? well as of december 2020 it's now 7.50$ which to me means they're preparing to transition g suite business legacy accounts off the grandfathered in and therefore unlimited system/plan.

then again, free money savings

I haven't gotten an email yet. not a single one. wondering what'll happen

I got 2 mails also about upgrade to Business Plus with 5 TB per user.... This don't look good.

One thing I noticed is that under the section where it says that all gsuite users will eventually transition to workspace users and google will be in touch later/eventually to provide more information.... it says all users on fixed/annual contracts won't be effected.

Unfortunately I'm on a flexible month by month contract, and as far as I can tell there's no way to change that.

Anyone know a way to change a gsuite business account from monthly payments to annual payments? because it seems like if it were possible it would delay the transitition from gsuite to workspace for however long you'd pre-paid.

I did also notice this though, which is a tiny bit of good news:

Enterprise Essentials Enterprise Standard Enterprise Plus

Email, document, photo storage per user 1 TB As much as you need*

*Requires 5 or more users

note you need to be logged in to a gsuite account to view that chart on that help page.

That seems to imply unlimited will still exist but i'll have to go from paying 12$ to either 20$ or 100$... maybe... unless that random support page is out of date :-/ I can't find ANY mention though of business workspaces having unlimited team drives. (Also 2or3 years ago when I set all this up I found team drives hecka buggy compared to normal gdrives).

edit: whoosp sorry didn't mean for this to explictly be a reply to aerya I meant it as a general reply.

1 Like

There was already a 5 users condition for unlimited in the current gsuite, it just did not get enforced.

1 Like

Yeah, but it was 5 users for 12$ a month for unlimited, not 5 users for 20$ a month for as much as you need (low limit raised upon request). That's sort of a huge difference, although if neither is enforced... maybe it's no difference at all.

I think what they should do is tell all users about the various G Suite backup options at and their pros and cons.

What exactly are these?

Has anyone upgraded to the Workspace Enterprise Standard? I currently have 5 users on a Gsuite account at $12/user/month. Google keeps sending me emails to upgrade to Workspace Enterprise Standard with a code for 10% off for my first year but lists no price for Enterprise Standard? If you did upgrade what is the price? And what does it go to after the first year? Do you still have unlimited storage?