Google Drive vs. ACD for Plex

The ansible script is here: http://pastebin.com/6SGfvY1n

You’re right. I order a droplet, and then when I get the IP, I just run the ansible script and it provisions the whole thing…installs all the packages, moves all necessary config from my local server, and starts everything up. Takes maybe 60 seconds.

2 Likes

Thanks very much, Chris - I’ll have a play with this tomorrow. Sounds like just what I need…!

If you can, can you add me as a user? A permanent google drive unlimited account would be great.

Do you guys find node-gdrive-fuse takes longer and longer to load on each reboot? Is there any fix for this?

On reboot I’m not sure, but it wasn’t take long time for me.

Make sure if this few things :

1. Delete the files inside cache/data before each remount
  2. Setup good amount off cache folder size for it.
  3. Make sure you don’t do too much changes on Google WebUI, because they won’t come up inside the mount
  4. Each time you run the node (after deleting those files) it will redo the folder structure and that’s take time (for me that I have 60Tb, it only takes around 20-30 second)

Other than this you shouldn’t have any problem, and that should be something else.

I’m interested :grin:

I’m looking forward to joining too. I encrypt my files religiously so I would absolutely never bring any DMCA notices to you.

So I’ve switch to node-gdrive-fuse and followed the recommendations here and I’m having issues with new content updating. This is my setup

gd-encrypted - mount with node-gdrive-fuse
gd-decrypted - local rclone mount decrypting data from above
gdrive - full rclone mount with encryption
upload - where my new content is temporarily stored
union-gdrive-upload - plex pointed here

When new content comes in, I use ajkis scripts (plexgeneratefolderlist) to copy content to ‘gdrive’ above and then move it to acd for backup purposes.

ajkis script (plexrefreshfolderlist) is called to refresh content. That being said, it appears sometimes the new content that is being place on gdrive isn’t making it over to gd-decrypted in a timely fashion as some stuff shows up in plex right away and others do not.

How do I solve this problem as I think gd-decrypted is not updating new files right away. They eventually show up, but are not there when the scripts run. Should I include gdrive in my union-gdrive-upload along with gd-decrypted?

@deliverer maybe switch to script bellow, since that one will refresh all new folders that appeared since last run.
https://github.com/ajkis/scripts/blob/master/plex/plexupdatenew.cron

@Ajki just tried it, but getting the following error. Any thoughts?

$ ./plexupdatenew.cron
27.04.2017 14:55:16 PLEX SCAN FOLDERS MODIFIED AFTER: Thu Apr 27 14:52:59 CDT 2017
Scaning movies at: /home/plex/union-acd-upload/movies/
27.04.2017 14:55:17 Movies scanned in 1 seconds

Scaning TV at: /home/plex/union-acd-upload/tv/
find: invalid argument -cnewer' to-cmin’
27.04.2017 14:55:17 Series scanned in 0 seconds
27.04.2017 14:55:17 Scan completed in 1 seconds

Sorry had some left over in script i fixed it now.

Basically this script makes a file after scans and when its run next time it only scan those folder that are newer then the file it made.

@Ajki appreciate it. I don’t think this script will work though. All my files decrypted via the union drive are showing a date of 1970. I can’t figure out why date stamps are off. With Rclone normal they are correct. Similar issue others had, but appears no fix?

Someone should fork the unionfs and modify it to allow arbitrary times on files/directories via a -o parameter. That way you can set a time that all files will display and it will be consistent between the layers. Then within plex you can selectively scan and plex won’t be impacted by the file/directory timestamps. Just a thought.

The real answer here is caching with RCLONE and Gdrive as well as others…I’m only using node-gdrive until that happens. Since I’ve switched I’m not getting banned.

What I have done in the meantime to overcome the date issue is to store the files locally for 5 days. With my union-fs and the scripts running against the items with the correct date, the scripts are working.

Hey ho,

for all of you got banned by Google. If you are unbanned again, you can test my tool: https://github.com/dweidenfeld/plexdrive

It is not a replacement for rclone, but maybe an addition (comparable to node-gdrive-fuse).
After the initial start you should give the program some time, to scan your whole directory for media files (took me around 10-20 minutes, with around 2TB media drive). I decreased the performance of the tool, so that you should not get banned.

Playing files also works flawlessly for me.
My current setup is:
rclone crypt -> plexdrive -> google drive

regards,
Dom

1 Like

@dweidenfeld

That’s interesting, but would you please provide a little more information for dumb people like me how to use it exactly, because I couldn’t get it how to set it up on macOS.

Thanks.

What are large media start times like with this? Like a full bluray mkv type file? I’ve been trying to get a stable (read, wife friendly) mount for a while, and while I have some bits working well, improvement is still needed.

Im installing now to try it out. Its just scanning the directory. I got about 10TB so I’m sure it will take some time.

@dweidenfeld

Out of 238 TV Show, it added 60 of them in just 1 hour, it doing a very good job :slight_smile:

I just have problem with playback, some time the buffer at the beginning doesn’t kick right away, and playback start fast and after a few second video buffer and then buffer line goes forward in front of the playback and then it become smooth.

5 hours and still going…