Google Drive vs. ACD for Plex

Yup. Digital Ocean is a cheap way.

I just bought one off eBay from them.

Yep. Just bought one :slight_smile:

Can’t seem to find them on Google. Anyone able to provide a link please.

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/UNLIMITED-Google-Drive-LIFETIME-cloud-storage-account-from-100-super-admin-/142291146174?nav=SEARCH

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNLIMITED-Google-Drive-LIFETIME-cloud-storage-account-from-100-super-admin-/142291146174
Bought it few hours ago tho and it gave link where to submit your information. Havent gotten my username or password yet tho

Thanks for the tip! I’m currently in the middle of a remote-to-remote transfer using a different VPS provider and it’s not as fast as I’d like. Just signed up for DO - the price is great and the speeds are awesome! :grin:

What’s that you signed up for ?

@anthony @chriscraig

Why are you guys using DigitalOcean instead of scaleway?

DO has very limited Transfers (1TB on the smallest plan) and if you’re doing a remote-to-remote transfer, then you will be pegged for both egress and ingress data. That 1TB will go very quick.

Scaleway is 3$ a month and unlimited data for the smallest VPS.

@Danial_Hanafian Digital Ocean

@Stokkes thanks for the info! However, looks like Scaleway is only 200 Mbit/s - still not as fast as I’d like. DO has been pushing ~550 Mbit/s for me, almost 3x faster. And per this forum post - https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/extra-bandwidth-what-will-happen?comment=54107 - I’m taking my chances with the (lack of) overage fees :innocent:

I went with the 2gb at 6 cents per hour. I only had 1.6 TB to transfer and I just ran it over night then deleted the droplet. Figured I would run that once a month and it would only cost me 42 cents a month compared to $3.

Or I can use my slower kimsufi box to keep ACD and Drive synced daily at night.

I just received an email from Digital Ocean that may help some of you.

Send your link to friends or invite them right from your control panel. They’ll get $10 in credit just for signing up and, as soon as they’ve spent $25 with us, you get $25 in credit.

This will be enough $$ for free to transfer a couple TB :slight_smile:

on my way to upload my encfs crypts to gdrive. what is the best way of mounting the files at this moment?

Tried buying this on Ebay just now and got “Your order can’t be processed as the seller is unable to process payments” :-/

Hmmm. That’s alarming. Mine is currently still working so that’s a plus.

Hello this is the owner of gsuites.org :slight_smile:

you should be able to process payments.

if you are experience difficulties just go into

www.gsuites.org

full the form and in comments write that you were unable to pay.

I will deliver the account in advance afterwards we will solve the payment issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, not sure if I missed something, but you can have up to 1Gbit/s with Scaleway. And I’ve found that I actually get higher speeds than what they state (with my 200Mbit/s plan).

@PJBurnhill
Out of the topic, is it possible to get GUI for scalaway?
I couldn’t find anything for it.

Thanks.

I am very happy to provide good service :slight_smile:

I hadn’t heard of Scaleway before this. When I want to transfer data, or just use NZBGet to download and transfer directly to cloud storage, I just order the $.03/hr box from DigitalOcean with 3TB transfer (I think you only pay for egress traffic BTW), run an ansible script that sets it up in about 60 seconds and go about my business. When I’m done, I tear it down. Costs me < $1/month for unlimited transfer this way.

1 Like

Chris, I’d never heard of Ansible before today - how’d I manage that?!

So you have ansible scripts which start from a freshly-installed server droplet to set up nzbget with connections to your Usenet providers, as well as rclone setup etc?
Now that sounds very useful indeed … any chance of a look at these scripts?