Google Drive ebay accounts banned

Yet when looking at your Drive settings as a single user, it clearly states in bold type “your account at X has unlimited storage”.

yes, but the fair use policy applies to everyone. If you put 5x1000TB up there I am quite sure you also get banned sooner or later…

You’re probably right, but for now, a paid account on GSuite is the safest, next to my ever expanding NAS. Their privacy policy even explicitly states that they will not (and in some cases cannot) access your data hosted in GDrive. This does not apply to GDrive free users. That said, the ToS’s that have been violated so far are obvious. People sharing pirated content directly from the GDrive, or illegitimate GSuite accounts. Neither of these things lead me to believe that Google is scanning any of your content. The main reason is they have to comply with business privacy laws, A lot of large organizations and government agencies host their data on Google. Maybe not the NSA/FBI, but the US Land Transport Authority is one, amongst many others.

I’d say that as long as your complying with local laws, then you’d have nothing to fear, regardless of how much data you store.

on another behalf, logging into gsuite today i got a message that ToS for various google services have changed and had to ack.

does anyone know what’s up with that?

Interesting. Mind posting what’s changed?

I think a gsuite Business Account with REAL Credit Card ist very very Safe. And in the WORST CASE if He enforce the 1TB limit He can only “Block” new Uploads. He can Not Go and say “OK we now delete all Files that you uploaded over 1TB”

That is that wat i think

1 Like

I am only one user :confused:

it did not state explicitly, it just linked to google ToS and a overview page of all google service ToS. Did not have the time to look inside them all. Therefore my question. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh, I understand. I’ve not received any of those notifications. Maybe it’s locale basted.

hi there. i have a gsuite account, can add 4 more users if someone interested. Please pm me with estimated storage needs

Philip,

I was also in the process of moving data to the google cloud platform and of course I had to add a payment method to so I could get the bigger drive space. I am still within the 300 dollar credit limit but I am now unable to login to my account to delete my instance.

Were you also using an account that was banned and are you also experiencing this problem?

I have not been banned. Is your instance still running? How do you know?

Hi Philip,

This morning i was unable to login to the server via SSH. It just wasn’t connecting. Now I am able to connect to the server but it asks for publickey authentication and I can ping the server. Either the settings were reverted back to default and my instance is still running or the instance was deleted and the IP address was released and reused by someone else already. There is no way for me to confirm one or the other now. I have sent an email to the GCP billing department asking them for clarification and to delete the instance.

Have you used GCP with an gdrive account bought from an ebay seller, whom got banned today?

Yes, I didn’t plan for that going wrong. Either way the data would have been lost even if it had been transferred to gdrive already.I am now using GCP with a legit account and will use proper gsuite for one of my domains.

Hi. I am interested in a GSuite account. Can you please let me know what you need?

Here you can learn that one the ebay reseller had 3000 unlimited sub-accounts (sold at 10$ each) : http://imgur.com/a/hPe2X (exchange published by the author of those mails on his site).

2 Likes

Speaking of abuse: using a free edu account (or so it seems) to sell at 3,000 * $10 :unamused:

I like how the pictures try to paint Google as the bad got here. Lol

1 Like