Gdrive mounted on a ftp server

Hi guys,

I am looking for the best configurations to mount my Gdrive on my server. I use my server as an ftp server and not with plex like many of you. So I'm not sure what setting i need with the rclone mount to not be banned for downloading too much or too many request.

I don't know if the configurations for plex (For cache etc) would be appropriate for my use.

Thanks to you all. Have a nice day.

hello and welcome to the forum,

what do you plan to use the rclone mount for?

rclone can emulate a ftp server using rclone serve ftp

Hi thank a lot,

I already have my ftp server on the server. I just want use rclone to mount my gdrive into a folder on the ftp server to allow other user to download file from this folder ( my gdrive)

So i just want to know if i need to add some extra setting in my config for rclone mount like more cache or something to not be ban for too many requests or maybe downloads. :slight_smile:

how much data do you have in gdrive?

should not have to worry about API but you can only download approx 750GB per day.

I have 24TB but is only for archives so this mounted folder will not be use a lot. So you think i dont need added more specific settings.

sorry, the download limit is 10TB per day

you have not posted a command, so i cannot comment on it.

OMG, i forgot the command my bad....

--config /home/**/.config/rclone/rclone.conf
--use-mmap
--dir-cache-time 1h
--timeout 30s
--umask 022
--read-only
--allow-other
--poll-interval=30m
--vfs-cache-mode writes
--vfs-read-chunk-size 26M
--vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 1024M
--tpslimit 10

looks ok to me.

1 Like

Thank you, will make some test :slight_smile:

Why are you using --vfs-cache-mode writes if you are also using --read-only. It effectively no cache.

Good question it was in the config i had never think about that lol.. i will delete this one. lol

Just depending on how many users you are serving you might want --vfs-cache-mode full - that is how beta.rclone.org is served.

1 Like

Thank for the reply, i have max 10 - 15 user but not really active all time and not in the same time. I have a lot files and folders in my gdrive so maybe its a good thing add this setting. Thx a lot.

1 Like

Hi,

i am doing it nealry the same, but with SeaFile. I could suggest following :

(BOLD!)

--config /home/**/.config/rclone/rclone.conf
--use-mmap
--dir-cache-time 1h ===> 192H (or more) You will save a lot API requests & file listing will be faster
--timeout 30s
--umask 022
--read-only
--allow-other ===> Is okay, don't know why, but without it doesn't work.
--poll-interval=30m
--vfs-cache-mode writes ===> full - FTP offers resume, so the file will be cached one time for Xh and you save again API requests + in case somebody mounts this FTP as a share and is trying to stream you prevent additional API req.
--vfs-read-chunk-size 26M
--vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 1024M
--tpslimit 10

ADDITIONAL :

--checksum
--no-modtime
--no-seek ===> Again, if somebody mounts it and try to stream
--vfs-cache-max-size XXXGB ===> choose a good size, everythings' cached, saves API req.

1 Like

Wow thx a lot, i see really less api request with that config... but i have a last question, can we set the folder for --vfs-cache-max-size ?
Thx.

https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_mount/#vfs-file-caching

--cache-dir string                   Directory rclone will use for caching.
1 Like

ok thx that is my mistake... not read all the doc. Thx a lot guys !! with that i'm in buisness :slight_smile:

keep in mind that --dir-cache-time=192h means that if you have a new file in the ftp server, rclone will not notice it for 192 hours.
if that is a concern, ask me and i will give you a way for rclone to scan the ftp server and update the dir cache.

I'm interested with your way to this, because i have news things each day. I tough --poll-interval was for update this.

if you read the debug output, you would find that for ftp.
INFO : ftp://xyz.com:21: poll-interval is not supported by this remote

so if you want to refresh the folders/files on the fly,

1. add --rc to the mount command.
  2. run this command as needed
    rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true -vv
1 Like