Error reading source directory "": directory not found when using rclone on other mounted filesystem

root@kain:/srv/backup/borg# rclone sync /srv/backup/borg/repos BackblazeRemote:bucket
2017/09/24 15:09:35 ERROR : B2 bucket bucket: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2017/09/24 15:09:35 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 0 errors and: error reading source directory "": directory not found
2017/09/24 15:09:36 ERROR : B2 bucket bucket: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2017/09/24 15:09:36 ERROR : Attempt 2/3 failed with 0 errors and: error reading source directory "": directory not found
2017/09/24 15:09:36 ERROR : B2 bucket bucket: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2017/09/24 15:09:36 ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 0 errors and: error reading source directory "": directory not found
2017/09/24 15:09:36 Failed to sync: error reading source directory "": directory not found

I’ve got a backblaze remote bucket set up, and I’m trying to sync my borg repos over to it. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to do anything.

If it matters any, /srv/backup is a mounted filesystem:
/dev/xvdz1 /srv/backup reiserfs noatime 0 0

I can only find one other topic related to this, and it was a typo. I have not been able to find a typo in this.

I think it’s the same problem as ZFS and rclone - Failed to ls: directory not found , and I see the same lstat as the payload in the other one.

And like his problem, it works fine with a prebuilt binary, but fails with the snap. Maybe a duplicate, but this is more data, and not ZFS. It’s a mounted Reiserfs that’s not /

When you installed the snap did you use the --classic option? If you didn’t then (if I understand correctly) the snap’d program is sandboxed and can not see the whole file system.

We’ve decided to stop packaging the snap as it has been causing a lot of problems - I recommend the standard install.

I’m pretty sure I used the --classic option, but I’m okay using the “standard install.” I do wish there was an ubuntu PPA, so I could be even more lazy, and have some easy cryptographic verification of the packages. :slight_smile:

rclone is in ubuntu now-a-days: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rclone - a few versions behind though.