DropBox - Unable to access

Configured a Dropbox drive using the gui, after configuring the drive I tried to access the DropBox drive. This failed. I also tried to list the root files on the drive this also fails. NOTE: DropBox account indicates that the app rclone has been authorized for, well everything.

RClone Version: rclone v1.54.0

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.7

Distributor ID:Ubuntu
Description:|Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Release:18.04
Codename:bionic

Storage System: dropbox

Command:

RClone Config:

[MyDropBox]
type = dropbox
impersonate = me@gmail.com
token = {"access_token":"token here"}

Log:

2021/02/11 17:28:37 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.54.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "lsl" "--max-depth" "1" "MyDropBox:/"]
2021/02/11 17:28:37 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/meg/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2021/02/11 17:28:37 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "MyDropBox:/"
2021/02/11 17:28:38 Failed to create file system for "MyDropBox:/": invalid dropbox team member: "me@gmail.com": Error in call to API function "team/members/get_info": Your app is not permitted to access this endpoint because it does not have the required scope 'members.read'. The owner of the app can enable the scope for the app using the Permissions tab on the App Console.

hello and welcome to the forum,

there is a open forum post about does not have the required scope 'members.read'
Dropbox - no "members.read" - #4 by ncw

1 Like

Thanks.

I pulled down a copy of the 1.55 beta dropbox fix deb and that works.

good to know.

@ncw, that beta has helped another rcloner....

Ah good. I wonder if it should be in a point release? 1.54.1 - Dropbox have obviously just changed the Auth so users are starting to notice.

Yes. It would be nice to see a fix pushed into a full release.

I'll put that in a point release. You can try a pre-release 1.54.1 here

v1.54.1-beta.5148.f76bc86cc.v1.54-stable on branch v1.54-stable (uploaded in 15-30 mins)

Trying it out now. So, far so good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.